Ancona is a beautiful seaside town that is located on the eastern coast of Italy. This is one of the most important ports of Adriatic and serves daily ferries from Italy to Greece and some Greek islands.
You will find below information about how to get from Italy to Greece by ferry, from Ancona port, where to buy your tickets and information about Ancona and its port, with many photos.
Ferries depart from Ancona (Italy) to Igoumenitsa and Patras ports in mainland Greece. The ferry trip from Ancona lasts for 15-22 hours. Ancona is also directly connected by ferry with Venice and Corfu.
Ferry Schedules from Ancona
Ferries from Ancona to Greece operate all year round. However, in the summer, ferry routes are more frequent.
Ferry from Ancona to Patras
There are at least 1-2 ferries from Ancona to Patras every day throughout the year. The duration of the trip from Ancona to Patras is 19-22 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets to Paras from Ancona
Ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
Ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa operate all year round with 1-2 ferry crossings every day. In the summer, routes are more frequent. The duration of the ferry trip from Ancona to Igoumenitsa is 15-17 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets to Igoumenitsa from Ancona
What types of ferries travel to/from Ancona?
Island hopping from Ancona
During the high season, there are frequent ferry connections between Ancona and Greece. Some of the most popular ferry routes from Ancona are: from Ancona to Corfu, from Ancona to Patras, and from Ancona to Igoumenitsa.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Ferry trips from Ancona are long and usually overnight, so booking a cabin is highly recommended!
- The best way to plan your trip from Ancona Italy to Greece is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Keep in mind that ferries from Ancona to Corfu only operate seasonally.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS FROM ANCONA?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays to Greece (from Italy).
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets from Ancona with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make Ancona ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Ancona’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Greece are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT ANCONA
Ancona is a beautiful seaside town that is located on the eastern coast of Italy. This is one of the most important ports of Adriatic and serves daily ferries from Italy to Greece.
Ancona was originally settled by Greeks from Syracuse and developed a lot during the Roman times. The historical centre of town, which is found right above the port, has many churches and squares. Stroll around and admire the elegant architecture. In the centre of Ancona, there are many modern accommodation and restaurants to try the local delicacies.
This town combines the mountainside and the sea, while few km outside the town, in the region Portonovo, you can enjoy diving in crystal beaches and explore a place of wild beauty.
Why visit Ancona?
Hop on a ferry to Ancona for amazing beaches, picturesque corners, historical buildings, and getaways to the Adriatic Coast.
- Ancona was originally settled by Greeks from Syracuse in 380 BC and developed a lot during the Roman times.
- The historical center of the town lies above the port and boasts many churches and squares.
- Ancona is the capital of the Province of Ancona.
The best season to visit Ancona
Ancona is beautiful all year round. However, it becomes more popular in the summer, as it serves as a starting point for excursions to the Ionian islands, western Greece, Croatia, and Albania.
Is Ancona for you?
If you’re searching for a city to stay for a few days before departing to Greece or Croatia, Ancona is a very good option. The city might be mainly known for its port, but it has a lot more things to offer to travelers.
Sightseeing in Ancona
Some beautiful places to visit in Ancona are the harbour, the National Archaeological Museum, Piazza del Plebiscito, and Arco di Traiano.
Photos of Ancona
About Ancona Port
Connected ports to Ancona
Corfu - Igoumenitsa - Patra
Ancona, located on the southeastern side of Italy, is one of the main ports on the Adriatic Sea. A large port town surrounded by three mountains, Ancona is mostly busy as a transit port to Greece and north Adriatica. Ferries connect Ancona to the ports of Patras and Igoumenitsa in Greece.
No information available yet