Folegandros is among the most picturesque islands of Cyclades, in Greece, a place with rich history and a special local character. It is considered among the most romantic islands in Greece.
You will find below information about how to get to Folegandros by ferry, where to buy your tickets and information about Folegandros and its port, with many photos.
Ferries to Folegandros depart from Piraeus Port (in Athens). A ferry ticket from Athens to Folegandros costs about '36' 'EUR' (36 Euros) for a standard seat. The ferry trip from Athens to Folegandros lasts for 6-7 hours. Folegandros island is directly connected by ferry with other islands of the Cyclades complex, like Santorini, Milos, Sifnos, Naxos, Paros, Mykonos, Ios, Koufonisia and more islands.
Ferry Schedules to Folegandros
Ferries to Folegandros from Athens and the islands operate all year round, but connections are more frequent during the summer.
Ferry to Folegandros from Athens
Ferries from Athens to Folegandros depart from Piraeus several times per week, but not every day. In the summer, ferry routes are more frequent.
How long is the ferry trip from Athens to Folegandros? The ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Folegandros lasts for 6-7 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets to Folegandros from Athens (Piraeus)
Ferry to Folegandros from Santorini
There is a daily ferry from Santorini to Folegandros during the summer. The ferry trip between Santorini and Folegandros lasts for about 3 hours and the cost of the ferry ticket is '70' 'EUR' (70 Euros)-'80' 'EUR' (80 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Folegandros from Santorini
What types of ferries travel to/from Folegandros?
The only type of ferry that connects Athens with Folegandros is the conventional ferry. However, both conventional and high-speed ferries serve the itinerary from the Cyclades islands to Folegandros. The ferry companies that serve itineraries to Folegandros are Zante Ferries, Seajets, and Blue Star Ferries.
Island hopping from Folegandros
The most popular island-hopping routes from Folegandros are from Folegandros to Santorini, from Folegandros to Ios, from Folegandros to Sifnos, and from Folegandros to Paros.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Most ferries that sail to Folegandros give the option of vehicle transportation in the ferry's garage, so you can easily travel with your car.
- The best way to plan your trip from Athens to Folegandros is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August. This also applies to ferry tickets from Folegandros to Athens.
- Folegandros is directly connected with many islands of the Cyclades, like Santorini, Milos, Sifnos, Naxos, Paros, and Mykonos.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO FOLEGANDROS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Folegandros.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Folegandros with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make Folegandros ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Folegandros’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Folegandros are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
Folegandros is among the most picturesque islands of Cyclades, a place with rich history and a special local character. It is geographically found in Western Cyclades, between the islands of Sikinos and Milos. Karavostasi, the port of Folegandros, is about 3 km from Chora and from there you can take the boat to various beaches around the island.
Thanks to its picturesque architecture with the white houses and the small squares, the island is ideal for romantic holidays. In summer nights, Chora bursts from life. You will find delicious taverns every where on Folegandros, mostly at the port and in busy beaches like Agali.
Why visit Folegandros?
Hop on a ferry from Athens to Folegandros for a romantic atmosphere, breathtaking landscapes, and quiet holidays away from the crowds!
- Folegandros has 3 main villages: Chora, Karavostasi, and Ano Meria.
- Many boats to the island’s beaches depart from Karavostasi, the port of Folegandros.
- Among the best beaches in Folegandros are Katergo, Agali, Livadaki, Karavostasi, and Agios Nikolaos.
- “Machata” a type of handmade pasta is a popular delicacy in Folegandros.
The best season to visit Folegandros
Folegandros is an ideal summer destination, especially for romantic holidays. However, the island is also beautiful in late spring and early fall.
Is Folegandros for you?
If you’re searching for a romantic island with a magical atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle, Folegandros is your best bet. The natural landscape is also out of this world!
Sightseeing in Folegandros
Some places worth visiting in Folegandros are the Kastro quarter, the church of Panagia, Chrissospilia Cave, and the Folklore Museum.
More about Folegandros
Discover more online resources about Folegandros island:
- Folegandros by Wikipedia: Folegandros by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Folegandros
About Folegandros Port
Connected ports to Folegandros
Athens, Piraeus - Athens, Rafina - Athens, Lavrio - Amorgos, Katapola - Anafi - Ios - Kea - Kimolos - Koufonissi - Kythnos - Milos - Mykonos - Naxos - Paros - Santorini (Thira) - Serifos - Sifnos - Sikinos - Syros - Thirassia
The port of Folegandros is called Karavostasi and it is found 3 km from Chora, the capital of the island. Chora and Karavostasi are the main tourist places in Folegandros.
There are frequent buses that connect the port to the two villages of Folegandros, most frequently with Chora and less frequently with Ano Meria. There are also buses that connect to the port, even at nights.