Fourni is a complex of some small islands that are located between Ikaria and Samos. The main island is Fourni, a very famous fishing spot in Greece. This island is ideal for alternative holidays in Greece since it has marvelous beaches and very few tourists, even during the summer season. Ferries from Piraeus in Athens to Fourni depart 3 times per week and the trip lasts about 11 hours. The island of Fourni is connected by ferry with Ikaria, Samos, Patmos, and more islands.
Below, you will find information on how to get to Fourni by ferry, where to buy your tickets, and information about Fourni, and its port, along with many photos.
Ferry schedules to Fourni
There are ferries to Fourni from Athens and the islands several times per week during the summer.
Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Fourni
In the summer, there are at least 3 ferries from Piraeus to Fourni every week. The ferry trip from Athens to Fourni lasts for about 7-10 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '39' 'EUR' (39 Euros) for a standard seat.
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Fourni
Ferry from Samos (Pythagorio) to Fourni
Throughout the peak season, there are at least 2 ferries from Samos (Pythagorio) to Fourni every week. The ferry trip from Samos (Pythagorio) to Fourni lasts for 1 hour and the cost of a ferry ticket is '20' 'EUR' (20 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Samos (Pythagorio) to Fourni
The types of ferries that travel to/from Fourni?
Island hopping from Fourni
Fourni is a very good base for island-hopping to the Aegean islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping routes from Fourni are from Fourni to Samos, from Fourni to Patmos, and from Fourni to Ikaria.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- There are daily ferries from Fourni to Samos and Ikaria during the summer.
- The best way to plan your trip to Fourni is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Given that the ferry trip from Athens to Fourni is quite long, we highly recommend booking a cabin for a more comfortable trip.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO FOURNI?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Fourni.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Fourni with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Fourni and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Fourni are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT FOURNI
Fourni is ideal for alternative holidays, due to the small number of tourists that visit the island every year. The main village will impress you with the traditional fish taverns and the calm corners all around. There are very few cars in Fourni and most of the transport is done by boat or bus. Moreover, some easily accessible beaches are Kamari, Kambi and Chrissomilia. On the island, you will find beaches of unique beauty that amaze visitors with their crystal water and the serene atmosphere.
Why visit Fourni?
Hop on a ferry from Athens to Fourni for relaxing and private holidays in nature, off the beaten tourist trail.
- Fourni is ideal for alternative holidays, due to the small number of tourists that visit the island every year.
- You’ll find very few cars in Fourni, as the main means of transportation are boats and buses.
- Some of the best beaches in Fourni are Kamari, Kambi, and Chrissomilia.
The best season to visit Fourni
The best season to visit Fourni is the summer! Even in the peak season, Fourni doesn’t overflow with tourists, so it keeps its serene charm.
Is Fourni for you?
If you’re searching for a secluded island to escape your hectic everyday routine and enjoy private holidays, Fourni is a great choice!
Sightseeing in Fourni
Some of the best places to visit in Fourni are the Windmills, the Acropolis, the Sarcophagus, and the Ancient quarry.
More about Fourni
Discover more online resources about Fourni:
- Fourni by Wikipedia: Fourni by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Fourni
About Fourni Port
Connected ports to Fourni
Athens, Piraeus - Ag.eystratios - Chios, Port - Ikaria, Ag.kirikos - Ikaria, Evdilos - Inousses - Kalymnos - Kastelorizo - Kavala - Kos, Port - Leros - Lesvos (Mitilini) - Limnos - Lipsi - Mykonos - Nisyros - Patmos - Samos, Karlovassi - Samos, Pythagorio - Samos, Vathi - Symi, Panormitis - Syros - Tilos - Tinos
Fourni is a small complex of islands, located south of Ikaria and Samos. The main port is situated in Fourni Korseon, which is the largest inhabited island of the complex. Due to the limited tourists that come to the island every summer, Fourni is actually the best place to relax totally and unwind.
There are no buses or taxis in Fourni. All transport is done on foot, with a tour boat or by private means.