Ermioni is a small town of the Peloponnese located opposite the island of Hydra. It is an ideal destination for relaxing summer holidays and also, a great spot for excursions to Porto Heli, Epidaurus, Nafplion, and other beautiful towns of the Peloponnese.
There are daily ferries (hydrofoils) from Piraeus port (Athens) to Ermioni and the trip is about two hours long. These hydrofoils connect Ermioni to the islands of Poros, Hydra and Spetses. Moreover, from Metohi, a small port close to Ermioni, there are local boats and taxi boats to Hydra. You can leave your car in Metohi and then, take the boat to Hydra.
Below, you will find information on how to get to Ermioni by ferry, where to buy your tickets, and information about Ermioni, and its port, along with many photos.
Ferry schedules to Hermioni
There are ferries to Hermioni from Athens and the islands every day throughout the summer.
Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Hermioni
In the summer, there are at least 3 ferries from Piraeus to Hermioni every day. The ferry trip from Athens to Hermioni lasts for 2-2.5 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '32' 'EUR' (32 Euros) for a standard seat.
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Hermioni
Ferry from Hydra to Hermioni
In the high season, there are at least 3 ferries from Hydra to Hermioni every day. The ferry trip from Hydra to Hermioni lasts for 20-25 minutes and the cost of a ferry ticket is '8' 'EUR' (8 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Hydra to Hermioni
Ferry from Poros to Hermioni
In peak season, there are at least 3 ferries from Poros to Hermioni every day. The duration of the trip from Poros to Hermioni is 1 hour and the cost of a ferry ticket is '17' 'EUR' (17 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Poros to Hermioni
The types of ferries that travel to/from Hermioni?
The main type of ferry that sails to Hermioni is the high-speed/catamaran ferry. The main ferry company that serves this itinerary is Blue Star Ferries.
Island hopping from Hermioni
Hermioni is a good base for island-hopping to the Saronic islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping itineraries from Hermioni are from Hermioni to Spetses, from Hermioni to Hydra, and from Hermioni to Poros.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- The ferries that connect Piraeus with Hermioni also pass from Poros, Hydra, and Spetses. It’s a great opportunity for island-hopping around the Saronic.
- The best way to plan your trip to Hermioni is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- From Metohi, a small port close to Ermioni, there are local boats and taxi boats to Hydra. You can leave the car in Metohi and take the boat to Hydra.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO HERMIONI?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Hermioni.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Hermioni with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Hermioni and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Hermioni are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT HERMIONI
Ermioni (or Hermioni) is a small town amphitheatrically built around a bay. Located in the Saronic Gulf, Ermioni is a mainland town just opposite the island of Hydra. Although it is only 3 hours drive from Athens and 2 hours by hydrofoil, it remains a calm holiday destination even in high season.
Due to its central location, Ermioni is a great base for excursions in the surrounding region. Porto Heli is only 15 min drive, while at a distance of one hour you can visit Epidaurus, Nafplion and Methana. From Ermioni there are daily hydrofoils to Hydra, while from Costa (Porto Heli) there are local boats for Spetses.
Why visit Hermioni?
Hop on a ferry to Hermioni for calm holidays close to Athens yet far from the crowds.
- Ermioni (or Hermioni) is a small town stretching around a bay in front of Hydra.
- Thanks to its central location, Ermioni is a great base for excursions to nearby towns. Porto Heli is just 15 minutes away by car. Epidaurus, Nafplion and Methana are also very close.
- From Ermioni there are daily hydrofoils to Hydra, while from Costa (Porto Heli) there are local boats to Spetses.
The best season to visit Hermioni
The best season to visit Hermioni is the summer. However, thanks to its proximity to Athens, Hermioni is a great destination for day-trips all year round.
Is Hermioni for you?
If you’re searching for a quiet destination for relaxing holidays by the beach or for a quick getaway from Athens, Hermioni is a great option!
Sightseeing in Hermioni
Some nice places to visit in Hermioni are Franchthi Cave, the Church of Agia Ermioni, and the Folklore Museum.
More about Hermioni
Discover more online resources about Hermioni:
- Hermioni by Wikipedia: Hermioni by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Hermioni
About Hermioni Port
Connected ports to Hermioni
Athens, Piraeus - Hydra - Poros - Porto Heli - Spetses
The port of Hermioni is located in the prefecture of Argolida (northeastern Peloponesse), just opposite the Saronic island of Spetses and Hydra. The port of Hermioni receives hydrofoils from Piraeus, Hydra, and Spetses.
There are local green buses that connect the port of Hermioni to close towns, such as Kranidi, Porto Heli, and Nafplion.