Hop on a ferry from Athens to Hydra for cosmopolitan vibes, retro charm, and magical landscapes, within just a couple of hours of Athens!
- Cars are prohibited in Hydra. People use bikes, carriages, or their feet to move around the island.
- Hydra is where the film "Boy on a Dolphin" starring Sophia Loren was filmed.
- Hydra derives from the Greek word "hydor", which means water.
- The island emits a retro charm, as it is full of noble 18th-century mansions, traditional churches, narrow cobblestone alleys, and colorful corners.
Going to Hydra by ferry is simple!
- Ferries from Athens to Hydra and ferries from Hydra to Athens operate daily throughout the year.
- Ferries to Hydra depart from Piraeus port in Athens.
- Ferries to Hydra arrive at Hydra port.
- The trip from Athens to Hydra lasts from 1 and a half hour to 3 and a half hours.
- The ferry companies that sail from Athens to Hydra are Blue Star Ferries and Anes Lines.
- Ferry tickets from Athens to Hydra cost between '20' 'EUR' (20 Euro) and '30' 'EUR' (30 Euro).
- The best way to plan your trip from Athens to Hydra is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August. This also applies to ferry tickets from Hydra to Athens.
The best season to visit Hydra is the summer! During the summer, you can dive into the crystal-clear waters of Hydra’s beaches, embark on excursions to the nearby Saronic islands, stroll around the picturesque town, watch magical sunsets and so many more!
Hydra is perfect for those who want to relax in a cosmopolitan destination near Athens! The unique charm of Hydra combined with its glorious history makes it a very interesting place to explore. What’s more, given that cars are not allowed on the island makes Hydra a quiet destination for peaceful holidays.
Hydra is a very picturesque island with unique architecture, so even a stroll around Hydra town will leave you in awe. Apart from the quaint Hydra town, don’t miss to visit Profitis Ilias monastery, Kiafa settlement, and Hydra port.
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Hydra.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
So, why book your Hydra ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com?
- Our awarded online experience takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- It’s not everywhere you can compare all the available ferry ticket prices at the click of a button.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip from Athens to Hydra while you book your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Hydra’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets from Athens to Hydra with up to -30% discount!
In ferriesingreece.com, you’re not only booking your ferry tickets to Hydra but also start experiencing your holidays before your actual vacations!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Hydra are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
Thanks to its location in the heart of the Saronic Gulf, Hydra is a very good base for island-hopping to the Saronic islands.
Popular island-hopping itineraries are the ones from Hydra to Poros and from Hydra to Aegina.