SCHEDULES & TICKETS
Ferry to Hydra
Hydra is located in the Saronic islands, in Greece. The cosmopolitan and elegant Hydra never loses its allure; with its traditional architecture and the glamour of a past era, this enchanting and historic small island is an ideal choice for those who seek to experience an authentic side of the islands. Due to its closeness to Athens and its cosmopolitan character, the island of Hydra gets very popular in summer. It is only 2 hours by hydrofoil from Piraeus and itineraries are daily and frequent.
The landscape of Hydra is mostly mountainous and rocky. The capital is Hydra town, a picturesque village with impressive stone mansions, paved paths and a lovely harbor. Some other small settlements are scattered all over the island with few inhabitants, such as Kaminia and Vlichos. The special feature of Hydra is that cars are prohibited there, in order to keep the traditional vibe of the island.
You will find below information about how to get to Hydra by ferry, where to buy your tickets and information about Hydra and its port, with many photos.
On FerriesinGreece, you can search for all available ferry schedules to Hydra, timetables, compare ferry boats, companies and prices, create your itinerary and book your ferry tickets in 4 easy steps on our secure server.
FerriesinGreece is an awarded ferry booking engine and rated 4.7 stars by its customers. Read our customer reviews.
We don’t just sell ferry tickets. We offer you a personalized follow-up and assistance during and after your ticket purchase. We have a specialized team who is ready to assist you with issues that might arise and help you get to your destinations safely and with peace of mind. We are here to handle anything that might occur regarding your ferry trip.
You will find below information about about:
- How to get to Hydra by ferry from: Athens (port of Piraeus), Poros, and Spetses.
- What types of ferries go to Hydra
- Where to go from Hydra by ferry (nearby islands)
- Why book your ferry tickets with us
- Information about Hydra island
- Information about the port of Hydra
POPULAR FERRY ITINERARIES
Ferry schedules to Hydra
There are ferries to Hydra from Athens and the islands every day throughout the summer.
Ferry from Athens
In peak season, there are at least 6 ferries from Piraeus to Hydra every day. The ferry trip from Athens to Hydra lasts for about 1.5-2 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '20' 'EUR' (20 Euros) - '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros) for a standard seat.
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Hydra
Ferry from Poros
Throughout the summer, there are at least 6 ferries from Poros to Hydra every day. The ferry trip from Poros to Hydra lasts for about 30 minutes and the cost of a ferry ticket is '14' 'EUR' (14 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Poros to Hydra
Ferry from Spetses
In peak season, there are at least 6 ferries from Spetses to Hydra every day. The duration of the trip from Spetses to Hydra is 30 minutes-1 hour and the cost of a ferry ticket is '12' 'EUR' (12 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Spetses to Hydra
The types of ferries that travel to/from Hydra?
Island hopping from Hydra
Thanks to its location in the heart of the Saronic Gulf, Hydra is a very good base for island-hopping to the Saronic islands. Popular island-hopping itineraries are the ones from Hydra to Poros and from Hydra to Aegina. The island is also connected to Ermioni and Porto Heli.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Ferries to Hydra arrive at Hydra port.
- The best way to plan your trip to Hydra is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Hydra is a good base for island-hopping to the Saronic islands.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO HYDRA?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Hydra.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Hydra with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Hydra and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Hydra are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT HYDRA
The cosmopolitan and elegant Hydra never loses its allure; with its traditional architecture and the glamour of a past era, this enchanting and historic small island is an ideal choice for those who seek to experience an authentic side of the islands.
Why visit Hydra?
Hop on a ferry from Athens to Hydra for cosmopolitan vibes, retro charm, and magical landscapes, within just a couple of hours of Athens!
- Cars are not allowed in Hydra. People use bikes, carriages, or their feet to move around the island.
- Hydra is where the film "Boy on a Dolphin" starring Sophia Loren was filmed.
- Hydra derives from the Greek word "hydor", which means water.
- The island emits a retro charm, as it is full of noble 18th-century mansions, traditional churches, narrow cobblestone alleys, and colorful corners.
The best season to visit Hydra
The best season to visit Hydra is the summer! During the summer, you can dive into the crystal-clear waters of Hydra’s beaches, embark on excursions to the nearby Saronic islands, stroll around the picturesque town, watch magical sunsets and so many more!
Is Hydra for you?
Hydra is perfect for those who want to relax in a cosmopolitan destination near Athens! The unique charm of Hydra combined with its glorious history makes it a very interesting place to explore. What’s more, given that cars are not allowed on the island makes Hydra a quiet destination for peaceful holidays.
Sightseeing in Hydra
Hydra is a very picturesque island with unique architecture, so even a stroll around Hydra town will leave you in awe. Apart from the quaint Hydra town, don’t miss to visit Profitis Ilias monastery, Kiafa settlement, and Hydra port.
More about Hydra
Discover more online resources about Hydra:
- Hydra by Wikipedia: Hydra by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Hydra
ABOUT HYDRA PORT
The picturesque port of Hydra is located at the center of the entire island. Surrounded by traditional stone-built houses, this port receives hydrofoils from Piraeus, Hermioni, and the island of Spetses.
Connected ports to Hydra
Athens, Piraeus - Hermioni - Poros - Porto Heli - Spetses
As no motor vehicles are allowed in Hydra, the easiest way to move around the island is on foot. There are also taxi boats that sail to some popular beaches around the island.
Port on Map
Searching for Itineraries...
Please refresh your browser and try again.