SCHEDULES & TICKETS
Ferry to Igoumenitsa
Igoumenitsa is a small seaside town located on the northwest part of the Greek mainland. It is surrounded by lovely mountains and it has been inhabited since ancient times. Moreover, Igoumenitsa has an important commercial port that receives ferries from both Italy and Greece. A trip to Igoumenitsa can be combined with excursions to islands of the Ionian Sea, such as Kefalonia.
Below, you will find information on how to get to Igoumenitsa by ferry, where to buy your tickets and information about Igoumenitsa and its port, along with many photos.
- How to get to Igoumenitsa by ferry from: Ancona, Bari, and Corfu
- What types of ferries go to Igoumenitsa
- Where to go from Igoumenitsa by ferry (nearby islands)
- Why book your ferry tickets with us
- Information about Igoumenitsa
- Information about the port of Igoumenitsa
On FerriesinGreece, you can search for all available ferry schedules to Igoumenitsa, timetables, compare ferry boats, companies and prices, create your itinerary and book your ferry tickets in 4 easy steps on our secure server.
FerriesinGreece is an awarded ferry booking engine and rated 4.7 stars by its customers. Read our customer reviews.
We don’t just sell ferry tickets. We offer you a personalized follow-up and assistance during and after your ticket purchase. We have a specialized team who is ready to assist you with issues that might arise and help you get to your destinations safely and with peace of mind. We are here to handle anything that might occur regarding your ferry trip.
HOW TO GET TO IGOUMENITSA BY FERRY
Ferries to Igoumenitsa depart from Italy and the Ionian islands. The ferry trip to Igoumenitsa lasts for 8.5-30 hours depending on the departure point. Igoumenitsa is directly connected to Corfu, Kefalonia, Bari, Paxi, Ancona, Venice, and Brindisi.
Ferry schedules to Igoumenitsa
There are ferries to Igoumenitsa from Italy and the Ionian islands almost every day all year round. However, in the summer, ferry routes are more frequent.
Ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
Ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa operate all year round with 1-2 ferry crossings every day. In the summer, routes are more frequent. The duration of the ferry trip from Ancona to Igoumenitsa is 15-17 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
Ferry from Bari to Igoumenitsa
Ferries from Bari to Igoumenitsa depart every day throughout the year. The ferry trip from Bari to Igoumenitsa lasts for 9-11 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets from Bari to Igoumenitsa
Ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa
Ferries from Corfu to Igoumenitsa depart frequently, at least 6 times a day. The duration of the ferry trip from Corfu to Igoumenitsa is 1 hour. The cost of the ferry ticket for this itinerary is 10 euros.
> Book your ferry tickets from Corfu to Igoumenitsa
The types of ferries that travel to/from Igoumenitsa?
The only type of ferry that sails to Igoumenitsa is the conventional ferry. The ferry companies that serve itineraries to Igoumenitsa are Minoan Lines, Blue Star Ferries, Anek Lines, and Ventouris Ferries.
Island hopping from Igoumenitsa
Igoumenitsa is a popular starting point for island-hopping to the Ionian islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping routes from Igoumenitsa are from Igoumenitsa to Corfu, from Igoumenitsa to Kefalonia, and from Igoumenitsa to Paxi.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Since ferry trips to Igoumenitsa are long and usually overnight, booking a cabin is highly recommended!
- The best way to plan your trip to Igoumenitsa is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- You can reach Igoumenitsa from Athens either by car or by a coach bus from the Central Bus Station of Kifissos.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO IGOUMENITSA?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Igoumenitsa.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Igoumenitsa with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Igoumenitsa and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with up to -30% discount
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Igoumenitsa are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT IGOUMENITSA
Igoumenitsa is a small town on the north western side of Greece. It has developed over the last decades mostly due to its commercial port, the most important port of western Greece, and to the construction of Egnatia Street that connects Igoumenitsa to Evros.
The seaside town of Igoumenitsa is surrounded by tall mountains and has much greenery. Although the region has been inhabited since the ancient times, the modern town has been reconstructed after the Second World War.
Why visit Igoumenitsa?
Hop on a ferry to Igoumenitsa for excursions to the Ionian islands, mountain exploration, and beautiful beaches.
- Igoumenitsa lies on the north-western side of Greece and is surrounded by green mountains.
- Igoumenitsa port is the most important port in western Greece.
- Although the region has been inhabited since ancient times, the modern town has been reconstructed after the Second World War.
The best season to visit Igoumenitsa
The best season to visit Igoumenitsa is the summer. During that time of the year, you can embark on trips to the Ionian islands, enjoy the beaches of the area, and explore the natural environment.
Is Igoumenitsa for you?
Igoumenitsa is not only a perfect base for excursions to Italy and the Ionian islands, but it’s also a beautiful destination for summer holidays thanks to its verdant landscape and fantastic beaches.
Sightseeing in Igoumenitsa
During your stay or stopover in Igoumenitsa, don’t miss to visit the Archaeological Museum of Igoumenitsa, Bella Vraka beach, Pisina beach, and Mikri Ammos beach.
About Igoumenitsa Port
Connected ports to Igoumenitsa
Italy, Ancona - Italy, Bari - Italy, Venice
Although the town of Igoumenitsa, in northwestern Greece, is small, its port is very busy. There are many ferries every day from Igoumenitsa to Corfu and daily ferries to Italy.
Suburban buses leave from Kifissos KTEL Station (bus X93 from airport) in Athens and arrive in Igoumenitsa in about 7 hours. There are itineraries about 3 times a day.
* If you want to go by bus to Corfu, you can take the suburban bus that leaves directly from Kifissos Athens to Corfu Town (bus embarks into ferry in Igoumenitsa). This is easier than getting off the bus in Igoumenitsa, walking to the port and then taking the ferry to Corfu.
Searching for Itineraries...
Please refresh your browser and try again.