SCHEDULES & TICKETS
Ferry to Kalymnos
Kalymnos is worldwide known as one of the top destinations for sponge diving, and rock climbing. It is part of the Dodecanese island complex, and it is located between Leros and Kos. Some of the best reasons for visiting Kalymnos are its beautiful beaches, the romantic atmosphere with the Neoclassical mansions, and the marvelous landscapes. The island of Kalymnos is connected by ferry with Athens (Piraeus), Kos, Patmos, Rhodes, Astypalea and other islands.
Below, you will find information on how to get to Kalymnos by ferry, where to buy your tickets and information about Kalymnos, and its port, along with many photos.
- How to get to Kalymnos by ferry from: Athens (port of Piraeus) and Kos
- What types of ferries go to Kalymnos
- Where to go from Kalymnos by ferry (nearby islands)
- Why book your ferry tickets with us
- Information about Kalymnos island
- Information about the port of Kalymnos
On FerriesinGreece, you can search for all available ferry schedules to Kalymnos, timetables, compare ferry boats, companies and prices, create your itinerary and book your ferry tickets in 4 easy steps on our secure server.
FerriesinGreece is an awarded ferry booking engine and rated 4.7 stars by its customers. Read our customer reviews.
We don’t just sell ferry tickets. We offer you a personalized follow-up and assistance during and after your ticket purchase. We have a specialized team who is ready to assist you with issues that might arise and help you get to your destinations safely and with peace of mind. We are here to handle anything that might occur regarding your ferry trip.
HOW TO GET TO KALYMNOS BY FERRY
Ferries to Kalymnos depart from Piraeus port in Athens and the Dodecanese islands. The ferry trip to Kalymnos (from Athens) lasts for 8.5-10 hours. Kalymnos is directly connected by ferry with islands like Rhodes, Kos, Patmos, and Astypalea.
Ferry schedules to Kalymnos
There are some ferries to Kalymnos all year round, but itineraries are more frequent during the summer.
Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos
There are usually 5 ferries from Piraeus to Kalymnos every week. The ferry trip from Athens to Kalymnos lasts for 8.30-10 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '50' 'EUR' (50 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Kalymnos
Ferry from Kos (Kos Town & Mastichari) to Kalymnos
There are frequent ferry connections (at least 5 per day) between Kos and Kalymnos. Ferries to Kalymnos depart from both Town port and Mastichari port. The duration of the ferry trip from Kos to Kalymnos is 30-50 minutes and the cost of a ferry ticket is '7' 'EUR' (7 Euros) - '16' 'EUR' (16 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Kos Town to Kalymnos
What types of ferries travel to/from Kalymnos?
Island hopping from Kalymnos
In the summer, there are ferry connections between Kalymnos and other Dodecanese islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping itineraries from Kalymnos are from Kalymnos to Kos, from Kalymnos to Rhodes, from Kalymnos to Patmos, and from Kalymnos to Astypalea.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- The ferry trip from Athens to Kalymnos is long and usually overnight, so we highly recommend booking a cabin.
- The best way to plan your trip to Kalymnos is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Keep in mind that ferries from Kos to Kalymnos leave from both ports in Kos, so make sure you double-check from which port you depart.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO KALYMNOS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Kalymnos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Kalymnos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Kalymnos and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Kalymnos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT KALYMNOS
Kalymnos is famous as the island of sponge diving. This is a beautiful island, whose rich history can be seen in the Medieval Castles and the ancient remains. Administratively Kalymnos belongs to the Dodecanese and it is found between Leros and Kos. Over the last years, Kalymnos has developed as one of the most popular climbing destinations in the world. It is also an ideal destination for calm holidays with many sandy beaches and impressive landscapes.
Pothia is the port and capital of the island, built amphitheatrically around a bay and particularly charming with its white houses, Neoclassical mansions and wild surroundings. In Kalymnos, you will taste a real island experience and you will relax in the calm seaside villages. From Myrties take the boat to Telendos, a small isolated island with few inhabitants.
Why visit Kalymnos?
Hop on a ferry to Kalymnos for wild natural landscapes, climbing, Medieval castles, and secluded beaches!
- Kalymnos lies between Leros and Kos and belongs to the Dodecanese island complex.
- Full of sandy beaches and jaw-dropping landscapes, Kalymnos is an ideal destination for calm holidays.
- Pothia is the port and capital of the island. It is built around a bay and it boasts a charming atmosphere with white houses, Neoclassical mansions, and wild surroundings.
The best season to visit Kalymnos
The best season to visit Kalymnos is the summer. During this time of the year, you can explore the virgin natural landscape of the island, swim in crystal clear waters, and go climbing.
Is Kalymnos for you?
If you’re searching for a destination off the beaten tourist trail, with raw natural beauty, amazing beaches, and beautiful beach resorts, Kalymnos is a fantastic option!
Sightseeing in Kalymnos
Some of the most beautiful places to visit in Kalymnos are the Sponge Factory, the Sea World Museum, the Chryssocheria Castle, and the Monastery of Agios Savvas.
More about Kalymnos
Discover more online resources about Kalymnos:
- Kalymnos by Wikipedia: Kalymnos by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Kalymnos
About Kalymnos Port
Connected ports to Kalymnos
Athens, Piraeus - Agathonisi - Astypalea - Arkyi - Chalki - Fourni - Ikaria, Ag.kirikos - Kasos - Kos, Port - Kos, Mastihari - Leros - Lipsi - Mykonos - Naxos - Nisyros - Paros - Patmos - Pserimos - Rhodes - Samos, Pythagorio - Santorini (Thira) - Symi, Port - Syros - Tilos - Turkey, Bodrum
The port of Kalymnos is located in Pothia, the capital of the island. It serves ferries from Piraeus and the other islands of Dodecanese.
There is one bus in Kalymnos that connects Pothia with the tourist places, including Massouri, Myrties, Emporios, Vathi and all the villages in between.
Searching for Itineraries...
Please refresh your browser and try again.