SCHEDULES & TICKETS
Ferry to Leros
Leros is a unique island with Neoclassical mansions, beautiful beaches, and lovely traditional music. It is located close to Patmos and Kalymnos and it is ideal for relaxing summer holidays. While visiting Leros, you can see many popular attractions, such as the Traditional Windmills or the imposing Medieval Castle. Some ferries depart from Piraeus port in Athens to Leros approximately 3 times per week, while the trip lasts 9 hours. This route also connects Leros with other islands of the Dodecanese and the Cyclades. Leros island is connected by ferry with Kos, Patmos, Rhodes, Ikaria, Symi, etc.
Below, you will find information on how to get to Leros by ferry, where to buy your tickets, and information about Leros, and its port, along with many photos.
- How to get to Leros by ferry from: Athens (port of Piraeus), Kos, and Patmos
- What types of ferries go to Leros
- Where to go from Leros by ferry (nearby islands)
- Why book your ferry tickets with us
- Information about Leros island
- Information about the port of Leros
On FerriesinGreece, you can search for all available ferry schedules to Leros, timetables, compare ferry boats, companies and prices, create your itinerary and book your ferry tickets in 4 easy steps on our secure server.
FerriesinGreece is an awarded ferry booking engine and rated 4.7 stars by its customers. Read our customer reviews.
We don’t just sell ferry tickets. We offer you a personalized follow-up and assistance during and after your ticket purchase. We have a specialized team who is ready to assist you with issues that might arise and help you get to your destinations safely and with peace of mind. We are here to handle anything that might occur regarding your ferry trip.
HOW TO GET TO LEROS BY FERRY
Ferry schedules to Leros
Ferries to Leros depart every week from Athens and every day from the Dodecanese islands during peak season.
Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Leros
Ferries from Piraeus to Leros usually depart 3 times per week. The duration of the ferry trip from Athens to Leros is 8.5-9.5 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '40' 'EUR' (40 Euros)..
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Leros
Ferry from Kos to Leros
There are at least 1-2 ferry connections between Kos and Leros every day during the summer. The duration of the ferry trip from Kos to Leros is 1.5-2 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '15' 'EUR' (15 Euros) - '23' 'EUR' (23 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Kos (Mastihari) to Leros
Ferry from Patmos to Leros
In the summer, there are usually 3 ferries from Patmos to Leros every day. The duration of the ferry trip from Patmos to Leros is 50 minutes-2 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '8' 'EUR' (8 Euros) - '17' 'EUR' (17 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Patmos to Leros
The types of ferries that travel to/from Leros?
Island hopping from Leros
Leros is directly connected by ferry with many islands of the Dodecanese. Some of the most popular island-hopping itineraries from Leros are from Leros to Rhodes, from Leros to Kos, and from Leros to Symi.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- The ferry trip from Athens to Leros is long and usually overnight, so we highly recommend booking a cabin.
- The best way to plan your trip to Leros is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Leros is a perfect base for island-hopping to the Dodecanese islands.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO LEROS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Leros.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Leros with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Leros and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Leros are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT LEROS
Leros is a small island of Dodecanese, located between Patmos and Kalymnos. An ideal destination for calm vacations, Leros has excellent natural beauty and picturesque bays. Lakki is the main port of the island, only 4 km from Platanos, the capital of Leros.
A very important monument on Leros is the Byzantine Castle above Panteli, offering great view to the Aegean Sea. The architecture of Leros distinguishes for the Neoclassical mansions and the Italian-style buildings. In fact, from the early 20th century till 1947, Leros was under Italian occupancy and the Italian influence on the buildings is still visible.
Tourism in Leros is developed, however the island hasn't lost its traditional character. Alinda is a green place with organized beach. Other organized beaches are Agia Marina and Xirokampos.
Why visit Leros?
Hop on a ferry to Leros for relaxing holidays in a calm environment away from the crowds and the noise of other overcrowded Greek islands.
- Lakki is the main port of the island. It lies only 4 km from Platanos, the capital of Leros.
- The architecture of Leros stands out for the Neoclassical mansions and the Italian-style buildings.
- Some of the most beautiful beaches in Leros are Alinda, Agia Marina, and Xirokampos.
The best season to visit Leros
The best season to visit Leros is the summer. During this time of the year, you will enjoy the island’s nature and secluded beaches, and take advantage of the warm weather.
Is Leros for you?
If you’re looking for a tucked-away island to find your peace and recharge, Leros is a great option!
Sightseeing in Leros
While in Leros, don’t miss to visit the Traditional Windmills, the Flour Mill, the Church of Agios Isidoros, the Medieval Castle, the Church of Panagia Kavouradena, and the Paleokastro.
More about Leros
Discover more online resources about Leros:
- Leros by Wikipedia: Leros by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Leros
About Leros Port
Connected ports to Leros
Athens, Piraeus - Agathonisi - Astypalea - Arkyi - Fourni - Ikaria, Ag.kirikos - Kalymnos - Kasos - Kavala - Kos, Port - Limnos - Lipsi - Mykonos - Paros - Patmos - Rhodes - Samos, Pythagorio - Symi, Port - Syros
A small island of the Dodecanese located between Patmos and Kalymnos, Leros, has kept a low profile in tourism. The main port of Leros is Lakki, located on the southern side of the island.
There are frequent buses that connect Lakki, the port of Leros, with Platanos, Panteli, Agia Marina, Xirokambos, Alinda, and other beaches along the way.
Searching for Itineraries...
Please refresh your browser and try again.