SCHEDULES & TICKETS
Ferry to Lesvos
Lesvos (or Lesbos) is part of the North Aegean islands group, in Greece. It is famous from the ancient times as the homeland of poetess Sappho. the island has an impressive beauty with large olive groves, idyllic beaches and unique monuments.
You will find below information about how to get to Lesvos by ferry, where to buy your tickets and information about Lesvos and its ports, with many photos.
- How to get to Lesvos by ferry from: Athens (port of Piraeus) and Kavala
- What types of ferries go to Lesvos
- Where to go from Lesvos by ferry (nearby islands)
- Why book your ferry tickets with us
- Information about Lesvos island
- Information about the port of Lesvos
On FerriesinGreece, you can search for all available ferry schedules to Lesvos, timetables, compare ferry boats, companies and prices, create your itinerary and book your ferry tickets in 4 easy steps on our secure server.
FerriesinGreece is an awarded ferry booking engine and rated 4.7 stars by its customers. Read our customer reviews.
We don’t just sell ferry tickets. We offer you a personalized follow-up and assistance during and after your ticket purchase. We have a specialized team who is ready to assist you with issues that might arise and help you get to your destinations safely and with peace of mind. We are here to handle anything that might occur regarding your ferry trip.
HOW TO GET TO LESVOS BY FERRY
Ferries to Lesvos (or Lesbos) depart from Piraeus port in Athens. The ferry trip from Athens to Lesvos lasts for 12-18 hours. The cost of a ferry ticket from Athens to Lesvos is '43' 'EUR' (43 Euros) for a standard seat.
Lesvos island is directly connected by ferry with Chios, Lemnos, Mykonos, Syros and more islands.
Ferry Schedules to Lesvos
There are ferries to Lesvos from Athens every day. In the summer, ferry routes are more frequent and there are also many daily ferries to Lesvos from other Aegean islands.
Ferry to Lesvos from Athens (Piraeus)
1-2 ferries depart from Athens (Piraeus) to Lesvos every day. The ferry trip from Piraeus to Lesvos lasts for 12-18 hours and is usually overnight. The cost of a ferry ticket from Athens to Lesvos is '43' 'EUR' (43 Euros).
The ferry company that connects Athens with Lesvos is Blue Star Ferries.
> Book your ferry tickets to Lesvos from Athens
Ferry to Lesvos from Kavala
Usually, there are at least 3 ferry connections between Kavala and Lesvos every week. The duration of the ferry trip from Kavala to Lesvos is 7.5 hours and the cost of the ferry ticket is '28' 'EUR' (28 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Lesvos from Kavala
What types of ferries travel to/from Lesvos?
The only type of ferry that sails to Lesvos is the conventional ferry. The main ferry company that serves itineraries to Lesvos is Blue Star Ferries.
Island hopping from Lesvos
Lesvos is connected with many islands of the Cyclades. The most popular island-hopping routes from Lesvos are from Lesvos to Mykonos, from Lesvos to Paros, from Lesvos to Naxos, and from Lesvos to Syros.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Since the ferry trip to Lesvos is long and usually overnight, booking a cabin is highly recommended.
- The best way to plan your trip from Athens to Lesvos is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August. The same applies to the trip from Lesvos to Athens.
- You can embark on day trips from Lesvos to Ayvalik in Turkey, the ferry trip lasts for just 1 and a half hours.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO LESVOS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Lesvos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Lesvos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Lesvos' secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Lesvos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT LESVOS
Lesvos is origin of many Greek novelists and artists. Famous from the ancient times as the homeland of poetess Sappho, the island has an impressive beauty with large olive groves, idyllic beaches and unique monuments.
Mitilini, the capital and main port of the island, is a town of historical interest as the churches, Neoclassical buildings and the Medieval Castle show. Worth to visit in Lesvos are also the picturesque villages of Agiassos, Molyvos and Petra, the Petrified Forest in Sigri and the Monastery of Saint Raphael, protector of the island.
Lesvos is a large island and visitors will find many beaches, pebbled or sandy, secluded or organized. It is also famous for its local products, including fresh fish, olive oil and ouzo.
Why visit Lesvos?
Hop on a ferry to Lesvos for relaxing holidays off the beaten tourist trail, amazing beaches, magical natural landscapes, and historical monuments!
- Lesvos has been popular since ancient times, as it is the homeland of poetess Sappho.
- Mytilini is the capital and main port of the island.
- Agiassos, Molyvos, and Petra are some of the most picturesque villages in Lesvos.
- Lesvos is the third biggest island in Greece.
The best season to visit Lesvos
The best season to visit Lesvos is the summer. It’s the best time of the year to take a dip at the island’s fantastic beaches, explore the olive groves, and go sightseeing.
Is Lesvos for you?
Lesvos is an ideal destination for quiet holidays away from the hustle and bustle. Usually, the island doesn’t get overcrowded, so it’s a great option for those who want to escape the crowds.
Sightseeing in Lesvos
Some of the best places to visit in Lesvos are the Molyvos Castle, the Medieval Castle, the Petrified Forest, the World of Ouzo Museum, and the Caves of Lesvos.
More about Lesvos
Discover more online resources about Lesvos island:
- Lesvos by Wikipedia: Lesvos by the most famous online Encyclopedia.
Photos of Lesvos
About Lesvos (Mitilini) Port
Connected ports to Lesvos (Mitilini)
Athens, Piraeus - Chios, Port - Fourni - Ikaria, Ag.kirikos - Ikaria, Evdilos - Inousses - Kavala - Limnos - Mykonos - Patmos - Psara - Samos, Karlovassi - Samos, Vathi - Syros - Thessaloniki
A large island of Eastern Aegean, Lesvos is a calm family destination. The main port of Lesvos is Mytilene, which is also the capital of the island. The port receives ferries from Piraeus, Kavala and other islands of Eastern Aegean. In summer, there is also ferry connection to the neighboring Ayvalik in Turkey.
Frequent buses connect the port and the centre of Mytilene with all tourist places around the island, passing by many smaller villages and beaches. There are also many taxis and rental companies on the island.
Photos of Lesvos (Mitilini) port
Searching for Itineraries...
Please refresh your browser and try again.