Ferries to Skopelos depart from Volos port, Mantoudi, and Agios Konstantinos ports in mainland Greece. The ferry trip to Skopelos lasts for 1.5-4 hours. The cost of a ferry ticket to Skopelos is '20' 'EUR' (20 Euros) - '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros) for a standard seat. Skopelos island is also directly connected by ferry with Skiathos and Alonissos.
Note that Skopelos has two ports: Skopelos port and Glossa port.
Ferry Schedules to Skopelos
There are daily ferries from Volos to Skopelos throughout the year. In the summer, ferry routes are more frequent and there are also many daily ferries to Skopelos from Agios Konstantinos, Mantoudi, and the Sporades islands.
Ferry to Skopelos from Volos
At least 2-3 conventional and high-speed ferries depart from Volos to Skopelos every day in peak season. The ferry trip from Volos to Skopelos lasts for 2-4 hours. The cost of a ferry ticket from Volos to Skopelos is '22' 'EUR' (22 Euros) - '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Skopelos from Volos
Ferry to Skopelos from Alonissos
There are daily ferry connections between Alonissos and Skopelos all year round. The ferry trip from Alonissos to Skopelos lasts for 30 minutes to 1.5 hours and the cost of the ferry ticket is '6' 'EUR' (6 Euros) - '10' 'EUR' (10 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Skopelos from Alonissos
Ferry to Skopelos from Skiathos
During the summer, there are many daily ferry connections between Skiathos and Skopelos. The ferry trip from Skiathos to Skopelos lasts for 15 minutes to 1.5 hours and the cost of the ferry ticket is '6.5' 'EUR' (6.5 Euros) - '13.5' 'EUR' (13.5 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Skopelos from Skiathos
What types of ferries travel to/from Skopelos?
The types of ferries that sail to Skopelos are high-speed/catamaran ferries and conventional ferries. The ferry companies that serve itineraries to Skopelos are Blue Star Ferries and Anes Lines.
Island hopping from Skopelos
During the high season, there are frequent ferry connections between Skopelos and the Sporades islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping routes from Skopelos are from Skopelos to Skiathos and from Skopelos to Alonissos.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Skopelos has two ports: Skopelos port and Glossa port. Make sure you double-check at which port you arrive before your departure.
- The best way to plan your trip to Skopelos is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Keep in mind that ferries from Agios Konstantinos to Skopelos operate seasonally, whereas ferries from Volos to Skopelos operate all year round.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO SKOPELOS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Skopelos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Skopelos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make Skopelos ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Skopelos’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Skopelos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT SKOPELOS
Famous as the green island of the Sporades, Skopelos is a unique holiday place that mostly distinguishes for its natural beauty. Beautiful beaches, imposing coastline and picturesque villages attract many visitors every summer.
Skopelos Town has been declared a traditional settlement thanks to its wonderful architecture that is preserved intact through time. The paved streets that lead to the hill top, the old mansions and the Medieval remains show the charm of this place. In the heart of the island, there are many historical monasteries and churches worth to visit.
Equally impressive is the town of Glossa, on the northern side of the island, that offers magical view to the sea.
The beaches of Skopelos distinguish for their blue green water and the surrounding greenery. Hovolo, Panormos and Stafylos are the most famous beaches. Worth visiting is also the church of Agios Ioannis Kastri, where scenes from the Hollywood movie Mamma Mia (2009) were filmed.
Hop on a ferry to Skopelos for jaw-dropping natural beauty, picturesque villages, verdant forests, and peaceful ambiance!
- Skopelos is famous for being the green island of the Sporades.
- Skopelos Town has been declared a traditional settlement thanks to its wonderful architecture that has been preserved over the years.
- Hovolo, Panormos, and Stafylos are the most famous beaches in Skopelos.
- Some scenes of the Hollywood movie Mamma Mia (2009) were filmed in Skopelos.
The best season to visit Skopelos
The best season to visit Skopelos is the summer. During that time of the year, Skopelos boasts a magnificent landscape made of emerald waters and verdant greenery.
Skopelos is a perfect paradise island that combines natural beauty with history. It’s an ideal destination for relaxing holidays in nature!
Some beautiful places to visit in Skopelos are the Church of Agios Ioannis in Kastri, the Monastery of Timios Prodromos, the Monastery of Evangelistria, and the Photographic Centre of Skopelos.
Discover more online resources about Skopelos island: