1. What you need to know before using the Online Booking Application?If you want to travel to the Greek islands and book a ferry ticket with us, the only way to do this is through our Online Booking Application. The application is updated every day with new schedules of Greek ferries and the best possible prices for the routes of all ferry companies. Before you use the Online Booking Application, you should know that the application accepts only reservations that are made more than 2 days before the departure date. In addition to this, the ferry schedules are added in the application about two months before the departure.
2. I don't find a direct route. How can I reach my destination?You can use our new tool, the Connections finder. This tool proposes you to select 2 destinations and afterwards, it will inform if there are any direct connections and if you can reach your desired destination with an intermediary stop.
3. How much does it cost to make a reservation through the Online Booking Application?Bank fees: Our bank fees are 1.7% of your total ticket price.
Paypal fees: Paypal fees are 3.4% + '0.35' 'EUR' (0.35 Euro) + "cross boarder" fee (0.5% to 2% depending of your country) of your total ticket price.
Handling fees: Our handling fees depend on the ticket value of the reservation. In detail,
- for reservations with ticket value up to '100' 'EUR' (100 Euro), the handling fee is '7' 'EUR' (7 Euro)
- for reservations with ticket value from '101' 'EUR' (101 Euro) to '200' 'EUR' (200 Euro), the handling fee is '10' 'EUR' (10 Euro)
- for reservations with ticket value greater than '201' 'EUR' (201 Euro) Euro, the handling fee is '12' 'EUR' (12 Euro).
4. Why are there Handling Fees?Most of the online travel agencies globally charge Handling Fees. This is done to be able to cover the expenses needed in order to offer to you:
- Premium Service and assistance for whatever problem or question you may have.
-Information by email and SMS, as soon as the ferry company notifies us of a canceled or changed itinerary, in order to try to find the best and the most convenient solution for you.
- Fast replies to your emails.
5. How can I get my tickets?Once you have booked your ferry tickets through our Online Booking Application, there are the following ways to get them in your hands.
A. You can get your ferry tickets free of charge from the central kiosk of the ferry company the day of the departure.
Our staff will send you the final confirmation with the client number. With this confirmation paper and your passport, you can go to the central kiosk of the ferry company at the port the day of your departure and get your tickets. This option applies for most ferry companies.
B. E-tickets: Get your boarding pass online.
Online boarding passes are only available with the following companies: Aegean Speedlines, Hellenic Seaways & Golden Star Ferries.
C. If you wish to get the ferry tickets by courier, here are the delivery costs and the deadline of delivery.
Attica (Athens region)5 EUR (5 Euro) 1-2 working days Greece'9' 'EUR' (9 Euro) 1-2 working days Europe25 EUR (25 Euro) 2-3 working days Cyprus15 EUR (15 Euro) 2-3 working days USA - Norway - Canada27 EUR (27 Euro) 3-4 working days Rest of the world39 EUR (39 Euro) 3-4 working days
In case the tickets do not arrive within the above deadlines, please contact us to solve any problem and speed up the procedure.
The refund in case of loss or destruction of the envelope containing ferry tickets by the courier company is approximately '70' 'EUR' (70 Euro) and not the total ticket value. This is according to the worldwide terms and conditions of all courier companies and no further refund will be made by FerriesInGreece.com.
6. What about e-ticket options?There is an e-ticket option but that is only available for the ferry company AEGEAN SPEEDLINES, HELLENIC SEAWAYS & GOLDEN STAR FERRIES. The online booking system of the remaining Greek Ferry companies doesn't support the option of e-ticket. As you understand, this is not an issue of FerriesinGreece.com but of all online travel agencies in Greece. In order to travel, you must have the printed tickets at hand. After you have made your ferry booking online, you can get the printed tickets choosing one of the options mentioned above.
7. The Online Booking Application does not confirm my reservation. Why?If the Online Booking Application does not confirm your reservation, it is possible that the cabin/ seat you have chosen is not available. The application may at first show you that the seats are available but when you actually decide to book them, then it is possible that someone else has done it before you.
8. Can I make a reservation if I do not have a credit card?You cannot use the Online System to book ferry tickets, if you do not have a credit card. Instead, you can only use our application just to get informed on the ferry schedules, the vessels and the ticket prices.
9. How can I change my ferry tickets?If you want to change any reservation you have made through our online booking system, you have to contact us by e-mail or by phone. You must give us the details of your ferry reservation (customer and reservation codes) and inform us on what kind of changes you wish to make.
From that time on, we check the ferry schedules and depending on the availability and ticket prices that time, we try to make the changes required. You should know that for every change, there is a fee to pay. This amendment fee is '12.30' 'EUR' (12.30 Euro).
If we have sent the first tickets to you by courier, then the process begins from the start, so you have to pay again the delivery costs to send the tickets back to us (including the amendment fee). If there is no time to send you back the amended tickets, and your trip starts from Piraeus port, then you can pick them from our travel agent partner inside gate E07 the day of the departure (cost '2.50' 'EUR' (2.50 Euro)).
If you have made your first journey and you want to change the other multi-trips, then you have to contact directly the central office of your ferry company.
10. How can I cancel my ferry ticket?In case you want to cancel your ferry ticket, you should know that this is done according to the cancellation policy of each ferry company. In order to cancel your ticket, if already issued, you have to send it back to our office. The cancellation procedure starts as soon as we have your ticket at hand. For any cancellation that the passenger requests, there is a cancellation fee of '5' 'EUR' (5 Euro).
Moreover, in case a ferry ticket is canceled, either after the client's decision or because of a problem in the ticket, FerriesinGreece.com is not responsible if the exchange currency has changed and the client is refunded with less or more money.
11. Amendment and cancellation for already-issued ticketsIn case you wish to cancel ferry tickets that have already been issued, you will be refunded according to the ferry company's cancellation policy. We must be notified in written form (by e-mail) at least 5 working days prior to departure date, otherwise we are not responsible if the cancellation is not possible due to lack of time. In case the passenger cancels the ferry booking, there is a cancellation fee of '5' 'EUR' (5 Euro).
In case you wish to amend ferry tickets that have already been issued, there is a charge of '12.30' 'EUR' (12.30 Euro) per reservation and we must be notified in written form (via e-mail) at least 5 working days prior to departure date. The payment of '12.30' 'EUR' (12.30 Euro) must also be completed at least 5 working days before departure date and in case this is not possible for any technical reason we should be notified on time in order to suggest an alternative solution. Our company will not be held responsible if the amendment is not completed due to receiving the payment too late or due to not being informed about the payment by email on time. You can only amend tickets of a ferry company to another date tickets for the same ferry company and only if there is availability for the desired itinerary. You are able to amend the tickets also at any central office of the ferry company at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
We must be in possession of the original tickets in order to cancel or amend them, so you will have to send the tickets to us to make the required changes.
In case a passenger requests ticket cancellation and these tickets have been sent out by courier, then the courier fee is not refundable. Also, when asking for cancellation, the passenger must send us back the issued tickets. If we do not have the tickets at hand, the ferry company will not refund for these tickets. Shipment expenses for sending us back the tickets are covered by the passenger.
12. What happens if the tickets sent by courrier are lost?Such cases are extremely rare. However, if this happens, the procedure of refund is quite long and might take up to 2 months. Note that in case of loss or destruction of the envelope that contains the ferry tickets by fault of the courier company, then the refund is about '70' 'EUR' (70 Euro) and not the total ticket value. This is according to the worldwide terms and conditions of all courier companies and no further refund will be made by FerriesInGreece.com.
13. I want to travel with my pet. What do I need to know?As every ferry company has a different policy regarding pets, you should visit the relevant policy page prior to your booking to get properly informed. The policies include detailed information on traveling with pets as well as possible restrictions and conditions.