Policy of the company
Domestic Line Piraeus-Heraklion-Chania:
Tickets may be cancelled or changed by the travel agency that issued them or at the competent port offices and head ticket offices of ANEK SUPERFAST.
High Season (16/12/22-08/01/23, 24/02/23, 27/02/23, 07/04/23-23/04/23, 01/06/23, 02/06/23, 05/06/23, 23/06/23-03/09/23):
• Up to 14 days before departure date: the tickets are 100% refundable or can be turned to open tickets.
• Up to 7 days before departure date: the tickets are 75% refundable or can be turned to open tickets.
• Up to 2 hours before departure: the tickets are 50% refundable or can be turned to open tickets.
• From 2 hours until the departure time: the tickets are 50% refundable and cannot be turned to open tickets.
• The company has no obligation to refund the tickets in case the cancellation is made during the last 2 hours before the departure or if passengers miss the trip.
For all other periods:
• Up to 1 hour before departure: the tickets are 100% refundable or can be turned to open tickets.
• From 1 hour until the departure time: the tickets are 50% refundable and cannot be turned to open tickets.
• The company has no obligation to refund the tickets in case the cancellations are made after the departure or if passengers miss the trip.
Refunds are issued only by the issuing ticket office upon the company's approval.
Ticket cancellations are made at the central offices of Superfast Ferries or at the travel agency that issued the tickets.
• Tickets are 100% refundable if the cancellation is made up to 22 days before the departure.
• Tickets are 80% refundable if the cancellation is made from 21 days to 8 days before the departure.
• Tickets are 50% refundable if the cancellation is made from 7 days to 24 hours before the departure.
• If the cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the ferry departure or if the passenger does not show up at embarkation, then the tickets are not refundable at all.
• Passengers have the right to turn their ticket into OPEN with validity for one year up to 12 hours before departure
Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, the following cancellation policy applies for all tickets that have been issued before the 07/07/2020.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
Altered cancellation policy of Blue Star ferries due to Covid-19 Pandemic.
Cancellation is not possible.
You can convert your tickets into Open Date Tickets / Credit Voucher to use within 18 months from the date of your initial trip, on any route of the ferry company.
In case you have not used your Open date tickets / Credit Voucher within this 18 months period, you will be entitled to a full refund of the tickets’ value.
Passengers Ticket Conditions
Approved by the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine
• The ticket is issued in the passengers name, is personal and non-transferable. It is valid only for the class and the trip for which it was issued.
• The fare does not include catering.
• Passengers should be at the embarkation area of the ship one (1) hour before departure. If the passenger is not in time for sailing, he/she is not entitled to a refund of the fare.
• Children up to 4 years old travel free of charge and are not entitled to bed, while children over 4 and up to 10 years old pay a reduced fare and are entitled to bed.
• The bearer of a full ticket is allowed to carry free of charge luggage up to 40 kilos or 1 cubic meter.
• In case of loss of the ticket, it will not be replaced nor the fare will be refunded. The shipping company is not responsible for any damage or loss of the passengers luggage that is under the personal care of him/her during the trip.
• Jewellery, money and valuable objects may be delivered to the ships accounting office for safekeeping.
• The shipping company will not be responsible for any delay in sailing, deviation and not keeping normal route, due to bad weather conditions or orders of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or the Harbor Authorities or due to force major.
• It is forbidden to the passengers to carry explosives, inflammable, incendiary and dangerous in general materials.
• The passengers are responsible for the observance of the Harbor, Sanitary and Custom regulations. The passengers should comply with the captains and the crew orders regarding the maintenance of order and the safety of the ship.
• The passenger should address any complaint during the trip to the ships captain or first mate and after the arrival, to the shipping company or to the Harbor Authorities.
• If for any reason the travel is cancelled due to the ships responsibility, the fare is refunded without any further obligation of the shipping company towards the passenger.
• The shipping company has the right, after approval of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine, to replace the vessel for which the ticket was issued with another vessel.
Vehicle Transport Receipt Conditions
Approved by the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine
• The drivers are obligated to load and unload their vehicle.
• The vehicles should be at the waiting for shipment area one (1) hour before departure and in any case on the time prescribed by the Port Regulation in force.
• The driver is not entitled to refund of the fare if he is not in time for sailing, while if he states before sailing his intention not to ship his vehicle, he is entitled to a refund of half of the fare.
• In case of loss of vehicle transport receipt, the fare is not refunded.
• The vehicles passengers have to get out of them before their shipment aboard.
• The passengers should carry with them objects that they need during the travel. After sailing the entrance to the vehicle station is forbidden.
• The transportation of explosives, incendiary and dangerous in general materials is forbidden. The priority order is determined by the Port Regulations of each Harbor Authorities, where the vehicles are shipped.