Policy of the company
• Tickets are canceled only by travel agencies as long as they have not been modified in the meanwhile. Cancellation is not possible through telephone.
• For cancellations made 14 days before the scheduled day of departure or earlier, the total ticket fare is returned.
• For cancellations made 7 days before the scheduled day of departure or earlier, 75% of the ticket fare is returned.
• For cancellations made 12 hours before the scheduled day of departure or earlier, 50% of the ticket fare is returned.
• For cancellations made within 12 hours before the scheduled day of departure of the ship no money is returned at all.
• Tickets can be turned to open date tickets the latest, 24 hours before departure. Open tickets are valid for 1 year and they cannot be cancelled. They can change to tickets of any other date in any other route, upon availability but only once. Difference in rates is not refunded.
The ticket is personal, can’t be transferred to another person and is valid only for the specific trip and accommodation type that it has been issued for.
The passengers should:
• Arrive at the ship half an hour before the scheduled time of departure.
• Drive their vehicles to the waiting area 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure.
• Display their tickets and necessary documentation in case of discounted fare tickets upon boarding and ticket control and should take up the respective seat or bed written on the ticket.
• Not remain in the ship’s parking areas with the exception of the drivers who are embarking and disembarking their vehicles.
In case of disabled or physically handicapped passengers, the ticket issuers or the shipping company should be informed about the need for help at the latest forty-eight (48) hours before the help should be provided, while the above passengers should be at a predefined point at a specific time, which should not be prior to sixty (60) minutes before the scheduled time of departure. Moreover, upon booking, the above passengers should inform the shipping company about their special needs for beds and seats as well as the necessary services they may need or their need to bring their own medical equipment on board.
In case a passenger with a ticket fails to get on the ship in time (before the scheduled time of departure), they are not entitled to the return of the fare they have paid.
According to EU Directive 98/41, as incorporated in the Greek legislation through Pres id. Decree 23/1999, the latter as amended and in effect, the following details should follow all passenger ships leaving Greek ports and sailing for over 20 miles from the port of departure: passengers’ surnames, passengers’ first names or initial, sex, age or indication about age class as well as any detail voluntarily provided by the passenger concerning any special care or help the passenger may need.
After ticket issuance, the passenger should check the correctness of the details appearing on the ticket (date, time, itinerary, ship, ID details, etc.) and reject it in case of incorrect details.
The ticket may not be transferred without the approval of the shipping company or the ticket issuer.
Upon e-booking or ticket issuance, the passenger should provide accurate ID details, contact number and email address so that they can be informed by the shipping company in case of delay, cancellation of the trip. In case the passenger refuses to provide contact details, the issuer enters the refusal into the Computerized Reservation System.
In case of e-booking, the passengers complete their contact details in the relevant electronic form or tick the option “I do not want to be informed in case of delay of cancellation of the trip.”
Fare – Discounts
Passenger and vehicle tickets should give the mixed fare, which includes net fare, costs in favor of third parties (fees, deductions) and VAT.
The categories of people entitled to fare discounts appear in detail in Ministerial Decision 3324.1/01/13 dated 15/7/2013, as amended and in effect. Upon e-booking and before the ticket is issued, the passengers should inform the issuer about any fare discount they are entitled to by providing the necessary documentation.
Children up to 5 years old travel free of charge but their tickets should be booked and issued at zero fare.
Every passenger is allowed to carry hand luggage up to 50 kg without paying any additional fare. Apart from their hand luggage, physically handicapped people are also allowed to carry free of charge any equipment or aid required for their autonomous movement, regardless of weight.
As long as luggage is given for safe keeping and a relevant receipt is issued, the shipping company shall be responsible for any damage or loss of the luggage that takes place on board.
In case of ticket loss, a new ticket has to be purchased. As long as the passenger states the loss in writing, including the date of the trip, the itinerary, the number of both the lost and the new ticket, and as long as the Partnership investigates its archives and makes sure that the lost ticket has not been used and has not been replaced within six (6) months after the scheduled date of the trip, the passenger is entitled to a new ticket of equal value.
There are special areas on the vessel were the pets stay during the trip. Only small sized pets are allowed to escort their owners to the cabins as long as they are carried in special baskets or are muzzled and are vaccinated.
Safety on Board
The passengers should:
• Conform to the instructions about silence, order, cleanliness and safety of the ship given by the crew.
• Comply with the regulations of the ship as well as with the instructions given by the captain or the staff of the ship.
• Not carry explosive, inflammable, incendiary and generally dangerous materials.
• Not throw garbage on board the ship or into the sea.
• Leave large luggage or objects in the specials areas so that the corridors of the ship can remain free to walk.
• Not put luggage or objects on the seats.
It should be noted that in high-speed passenger ships the passengers are not allowed to remain in the open-air areas of the decks during the trip.
Modification / Return of Ticket
The passengers can modify their tickets as long as there are seats available for the same, or another, trip up to twenty-four (24) hours before the scheduled departure of the ship. If the price of the new ticket is lower, the passenger is not entitled to any refund.
Passengers can modify or return their tickets only at the issuer's agency or at the maritime agent of the port, who is specified by the shipping company and is authorized, according to current regulations, to issue passenger and vehicle tickets for the specific ship.
Invalid Passenger Claims
No claims can be filed with regard to a delay, interruption, cancellation or modification of the itinerary that occurs due to reasons of public order or safety, especially due to adverse weather conditions, implementation of legislation or orders issued by the Competent Authority, and more particularly due to help provided to ships or people in danger or any officially approved modification to the scheduled itineraries that is associated with meeting extraordinary transport needs or public interest needs.