For Adriatic Lines
• From the date of the ticket issue and up to 30 days before the scheduled departure, 10% of the ticket rate plus fixed fees will be charged. - From 29 days up to 7 days before the scheduled departure: 30% of the ticket rate plus fixed fees will be charged.
• From 6 days up to 2 days before the scheduled departure: 50% of the ticket rate plus fixed fees will be charged.
• Less than 48 hours before the scheduled departure: No refund.
• Tickets can be converted to open date tickets up till 2 hours before departure time.Open date tickets cannot be refunded
• Special discount tickets are not refundable.
For Domestic lines
• From the date of the ticket issue and up to 14 days before the scheduled departure, the fare of the ticket is fully refundable.
• From 13 days up to 7 days before the scheduled departure: 75% refund.
• From 6 days up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure: 50% refund.
• Less than 12 hours before the scheduled departure: No refund.
• Tickets can be converted to open date tickets up till 2 hours before departure time.
• The fare of open date tickets, as well as already amended tickets, is not refundable. Open date tickets can be used within 12 months from the original date of travel.
Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, the following cancellation policy applies for all tickets that have been issued before the 07-07-2020.:
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
• Altered cancellation policy of Minoan Lines due to Covid-19 Pandemic.
• Cancellation is not possible.
• You can convert your tickets into Open Date Tickets / Credit Voucher to use within 18 months from the date of your initial trip, on any route of the ferry company.
• In case you have not used your Open date tickets / Credit Voucher within this 18 months period, you will be entitled to a full refund of the tickets’ value.
Reservations and tickets
• Reservations or bookings can be made in cooperating travel agencies or the central offices of Minoan Lines.
• Tickets are personal: they cannot be transferred and they are valid for a specific route.
• Children up to 4 years old do not pay fare but a fare-free ticket has to be issued from the travel agency. Children up to 4 are not entitled a baby chair or seat. Children from 5 to 16 years old pay 50% of the ticket.
• Open date tickets are valid for one year from their issuing date. Their reservation must be confirmed to the travel agents in advance. Any difference in the ticket fare must be paid by the passenger.
• In case you lose your ticket, you must issue a new one and then declare it in writing to the company. If the original ticket is found non- utilized at the end of the year, then the ticket is refunded.
Delay or Cancellation of a Route
Minoan Lines is not responsible for any delay of departure due to extreme weather conditions, orders of the Ministry of Marine Merchandise or force majeure. The company has the right to substitute the vessel of the trip after approval of the Greek Ministry of Merchant Marine.
Passengers must be at the port at least one hour before departure and vehicles at least two hours. Passengers are not allowed to stay in their car during the trip. The company is not responsible for any accident, loss or damage of a vehicle on embarkation/ disembarkation or during the trip.
People with special needs have access to all common areas of the ship and there are cabins specially designed for them. However, cabins are few so they are advised to book early. Passengers can leave their luggage in the vehicles but the company is not responsible for any loss or damage of them. During the trip, passengers are not allowed to reach the garage. Personal items or valuables can be given to the Purser Office for safekeeping.
Common areas are free to all passengers but you are not allowed to sleep or eat there. Pets travel free in specially designed kennels on the deck. They are not allowed to enter indoor public areas or cabins. Their owners are the sole responsible for their safety, hygiene and feeding. Pets should have valid health papers with them.
Camping on board
Camping on board passengers can use all public areas of the ship. They are provided electricity for the caravan for free and they can use the common WC and showers of the ship. For safety reasons, they are not allowed to use any cooking or heating gas on board. The service camping on board is available from April 1st to October 31st.
Passengers Ticket Conditions
Approved by the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine
• The ticket is issued in the passengers name, is personal and non-transferable. It is valid only for the class and the trip for which it was issued.
• The fare does not include catering.
• Passengers should be at the embarkation area of the ship one (1) hour before departure. If the passenger is not in time for sailing, he/she is not entitled to a refund of the fare. In case of cancellation, passengers are entitled 50% refund if they cancel their reservation before departure.
• Children up to 4 years old travel free of charge and are not entitled to bed, while children over 5 and up to 16 years old pay a reduced fare and are entitled to bed.
• The bearer of a full ticket is allowed to carry free of charge luggage up to 40 kilos or 1 cubic meter.
• In case of loss of the ticket, it will not be replaced nor the fare will be refunded. The shipping company is not responsible for any damage or loss of the passengers luggage that is under the personal care of him/her during the trip.
• Jewellery, money and valuable objects may be delivered to the ships accounting office for safekeeping.
• The shipping company will not be responsible for any delay in sailing, deviation and not keeping normal route, due to bad weather conditions or orders of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or the Harbor Authorities or due to force major.
• It is forbidden to the passengers to carry explosives, inflammable, incendiary and dangerous in general materials.
• The passengers are responsible for the observance of the Harbor, Sanitary and Custom regulations. The passengers should comply with the captains and the crew orders regarding the maintenance of order and the safety of the ship.
• The passenger should address any complaint during the trip to the ships captain or first mate and after the arrival, to the shipping company or to the Harbor Authorities.
• If for any reason the travel is cancelled due to the ships responsibility, the fare is refunded without any further obligation of the shipping company towards the passenger.
• The shipping company has the right, after approval of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine, to replace the vessel for which the ticket was issued with another vessel.
Vehicle Transport Receipt Conditions
Approved by the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine
• The drivers are obligated to load and unload their vehicle.
• The vehicles should be at the waiting for shipment area one (1) hour before departure and in any case on the time prescribed by the Port Regulation in force.
• The driver is not entitled to refund of the fare if he is not in time for sailing, while if he states before sailing his intention not to ship his vehicle, he is entitled to a refund of half of the fare.
• In case of loss of vehicle transport receipt, the fare is not refunded.
• The vehicles passengers have to get out of them before their shipment aboard.
• The passengers should carry with them objects that they need during the travel. After sailing the entrance to the vehicle station is forbidden.
• The transportation of explosives, incendiary and dangerous in general materials is forbidden. The priority order is determined by the Port Regulations of each Harbor Authorities, where the vehicles are shipped.