A ferry to Rhodes departs every day from Piraeus port in Athens and several other island ports. A ferry ticket to Rhodes costs 20-50 euros for a standard seat and 80-140 for a bed cabin. The ferry trip to Rhodes lasts for 15 hours to a day, depending on the ferry company.
Ferry schedules to Rhodes port
Ferries to Rhodes depart frequently (especially during the summer months) throughout the year from Athens as well as from other Aegean islands.
Athens to Rhodes ferry
Ferries from Athens to Rhodes depart from Piraeus port in Athens. In the low season, there are 1-2 ferries from Piraeus to Rhodes every, but in the peak season, there are more frequent departures. Ferries from Piraeus usually depart in the afternoon or at night and the ferry companies that connect Athens with Rhodes are Blue Star Ferries and Aegeon Pelagos Ferries.
How long is the ferry trip from Athens to Rhodes?
The ferry trip from Athens to Rhodes lasts for 15-19 hours up to a whole day, depending on the ferry company. Generally, the Blue Star ferries are faster than the Aegeon Pelagos ferries.
The types of ferries that travel to/from Rhodes
Due to distance, the only type of ferry that travels to Rhodes is the conventional ferry. Conventional ferries are bigger and slower than the high-speed/catamaran ferries. They are good for long-distance traveling, as they are equipped with many facilities, like shops, restaurants, bars, pools, etc.
How do I book my ferry tickets to Rhodes?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Rhodes.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Rhodes with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- It's not everywhere you can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Rhodes’ secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with up to -30% discount!
In ferriesingreece.com, you’re not only booking your ferry tickets, but also start living the amazing experience of your holidays in Rhodes before your actual vacations!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holiday to Rhodes is just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
- Due to the duration of the trip, which can last from 15 hours to a day, we highly recommend that you book a bed cabin.
- The best way to plan your trip to Rhodes is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- There are frequent ferry routes from Rhodes to the Dodecanese islands and Turkey, so don’t miss the chance to visit them.
Why visit Rhodes?
Hop on a ferry to Rhodes for a medieval atmosphere, knights' castles, and beautiful beaches!
- Rhodes has always been associated with the powerful myth of Zeus and Helios, the God of the Sun.
- It was conquered by the Venetians in the 13th century. This is why Rhodes Old Town has a fairytale-like architecture.
- The Old Town of Rhodes is the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe.
- The most famous tourist resort on Rhodes is Faliraki, which has the wildest nightlife on the island.
- Rhodes is the biggest island of the Dodecanese island complex.
- Rhodes derives from the word "rodo", which means rose in Greek.
What's the best season to visit Rhodes?
Rhodes is beautiful all year round, but every season has its beauty and charm. Autumn is very romantic, highlighting the medieval charm of Rhodes. Spring is colorful and vibrant, creating a unique atmosphere. Summer is the perfect season to go to Rhodes if you want to enjoy its beaches and cosmopolitan bays!
Is Rhodes for you?
Rhodes is perfect for history buffs, beach lovers and those who love cosmopolitan destinations. It is an ideal holiday destination either you’re traveling with your family or with your friends, as there is a wide variety of areas to stay and activities to do in both cases.
Sightseeing in Rhodes
Rhodes is a sightseeing paradise! Given that the island was under the Venetian rule for many years, there are many castles and Medieval buildings scattered around Rhodes. At the Old Town of Rhodes, you’ll find important sites like the Old Fortress, the New Fortress, the Palace of Grand Master, and the Acropolis of Rhodes. Except for these sights, there are also important archaeological monuments all around the island, like the Acropolis of Lindos, Ancient Ialyssos, Ancient Kamiros, and Monolithos Castle.
Island-hopping from Rhodes
Photos of Rodos
About Rhodes Port
Connected ports to Rhodes
Athens, Piraeus - Agathonisi - Amorgos, Katapola - Astypalea - Chalki - Anafi - Crete, Heraklio - Crete, Sitia - Kalymnos - Karpathos, Diafani - Karpathos, Port - Kasos - Kastelorizo - Kos, Port - Leros - Lipsi - Milos - Naxos - Nisyros - Paros - Patmos - Samos, Karlovassi - Samos, Pythagorio - Samos, Vathi - Santorini (Thira) - Symi, Panormitis - Symi, Port - Syros - Tilos - Tinos - Turkey, Bodrum - Turkey, Marmaris
One of the most popular islands of Greece, Rhodes is located in south eastern Aegean and it is the largest island of Dodecanese. The new port of Rhodes is located on the southern side of the town. It is not Mandraki, the Venetian port in front of the Old Town, but another port for ferries. Rhodes is connected by ferry to Piraeus, Heraklion Crete and many islands of Dodecanese, Cyclades and Eastern Aegean.
There is a bus stop near the port but you need to walk about 500m to go to the pier. There are frequent buses that connect almost all beaches and villages around the island, especially the popular places, to the port.
How to go from the airport to the port
You get a green bus from the airport (bus frequency every 30 min in summer) which needs about 30 min to reach the town centre and then a blue bus or taxi to go to the new port.