Ferries to Sifnos depart from Piraeus and Lavrion ports in Athens. A ferry ticket to Sifnos costs '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros)-'50' 'EUR' (50 Euros) for a standard seat. The ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Sifnos lasts for 2-3 hours depending on the ferry type. Sifnos island is also directly connected by ferry with Milos, Santorini, Paros, Serifos, Folegandros, Mykonos, Naxos and more.
Ferry Schedules to Sifnos
Ferries to Sifnos operate all year round. However, in the peak season, there are many ferries to Sifnos throughout the day.
Ferry to Sifnos from Athens (Piraeus)
Ferries from Athens to Sifnos depart daily from Piraeus port in Athens. In the summer, there are also ferries from Lavrion to Sifnos. During the peak season (June to September) at least 3-4 ferries depart from Athens to Sifnos, usually from 7.00 to 15.00.
How long is the ferry trip from Athens to Sifnos? The duration of the trip from Athens to Sifnos is 3-5.30 hours from Piraeus and about 8 hours from Lavrion.
> Book your ferry tickets to Sifnos from Athens (Piraeus)
Ferry to Sifnos from Paros
Ferries from Paros to Sifnos operate daily during the peak season. The ferry trip from Paros to Sifnos lasts for 1-3 hours depending on the ferry type and the price of the ferry ticket starts from '4.5' 'EUR' (4.5 Euros).
Ferry to Sifnos from Milos
Usually, there are 1-3 ferry connections between Milos and Sifnos every day throughout the summer. The journey from Milos to Sifnos lasts for 0.5 - 2 hours depending on the ferry type (conventional or high-speed). The price of a ferry ticket from Milos to Sifnos is '6.5' 'EUR' (6.5 Euros) - '15' 'EUR' (15 Euros).
What types of ferries travel to/from Sifnos?
The main type of ferry that sails to Sifnos is a high-speed/catamaran ferry, which is faster than conventional ferries. The ferry companies that travel to Sifnos are Seajets and Aegean Speedlines.
Island hopping from Sifnos
Sifnos boasts a great position in the heart of the Cyclades, so it is a good base for island-hopping to other Cyclades islands. The most popular island-hopping routes from Sifnos are from Sifnos to Santorini, from Sifnos to Folegandros, from Sifnos to Milos, and from Sifnos to Serifos.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Most ferries that sail to Sifnos give the option of vehicle transportation in the ferry's garage, so you can easily travel with your car.
- The best way to plan your trip from Athens to Sifnos is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August. This also applies to ferry tickets from Sifnos to Athens.
- If you’re planning to island-hop at the Cyclades, Sifnos is an ideal island-hopping base, thanks to its position.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO SIFNOS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Sifnos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Sifnos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make Sifnos ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Sifnos’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Sifnos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT SIFNOS
On the western side of Cyclades, Sifnos is another island that waits to be explored. Coloured in blue and white, Sifnos matches perfectly with the Aegean Sea and the clear Greek sky.
The capital of Sifnos is Apollonia, in the centre of the island. The village got its name from Apollo, the ancient god of light, sun and music. It distinguishes for its traditional houses, the barren landscape that surrounds it and the beautiful views to the sea. Other famous villages on Sifnos are Kastro and Kamares, which are very close to nice beaches.
There is not much sightseeing on Sifnos, except for some nice churches scattered all over the island, such as the Monastery of Chrissopigi and the church of Seven Martyrs. There is a Folklore Museum in Apollonia with exhibits of the folk daily life, such as costumes, farming tools and household items.
The busiest beach on Sifnos is Platis Gialos, a very long and sandy, organized beach. Other nice beaches are Vathi, Chrissopigi and Faros, all with crystal waters and sandy shores. Around these beaches, you can find some beach bars with loud music that stay open till early in the morning. In fact, over the last years, Sifnos has developed a vivid nightlife. Most bars are found in Apollonia, Kamares and Faros, while many others are scattered all over the island.
Hop on a ferry from Athens to Sifnos for delicious gastronomy, traditional Cycladic architecture, and beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters!
- The main port of Sifnos is Kamares.
- The best beaches in Sifnos are Cheronissos, Platis Gialos, Vathi, Apokofto, and Chrysopigi.
- The capital of Sifnos is Apollonia, which is also the center of the island's nightlife.
- Sifnos has one of the longest hiking networks in the Cyclades.
- Sifnos has 360 (!) churches.
The best season to visit Sifnos
The best season to visit Sifnos is hands down the summer. During this time of the year, the weather is hot, so you’ll get to enjoy the island’s amazing beaches. However, if you are a hiking enthusiast, the best time of the year to explore the nature of Sifnos through its hiking paths is spring.
If you are a foodie, love hiking, or search for an idyllic destination for your summer holidays, Sifnos is your best bet!
To start with, Sifnos has A LOT of churches, so you can explore them one by one if that’s your thing. Other than that, the quaint villages of Sifnos are worth a visit. More specifically, Apollonia, Kastro, and Artemonas are some of the villages that should be on your list.
Discover more online resources about Sifnos island: