Ferries to Sikinos depart from Piraeus port in Athens. The ferry trip to Sikinos (from Athens) lasts for 4.5-11 hours. Sikinos is also connected with many islands of the Aegean Sea, like Santorini, Ios, Folegandros, and Milos.
Ferry schedules to Sikinos
Ferries to Sikinos from Athens and the islands operate mainly in the summer.
Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Sikinos
During the summer, there is usually one ferry from Athens to Sikinos every day. The ferry trip from Piraeus to Sikinos lasts for 4.5-11 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '26' 'EUR' (26 Euros) - '36' 'EUR' (36 Euros) for a standard seat.
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Sikinos
Ferry from Santorini to Sikinos
During peak season, there are usually 1-2 daily ferry connections between Santorini and Sikinos. The ferry trip from Santorini to Sikinos lasts for 1-2 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is about '7' 'EUR' (7 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Santorini to Sikinos
Ferry from Ios to Sikinos
In the summer, there are 1-2 ferries from Ios to Sikinos daily. The ferry trip from Ios to Sikinos lasts for 10-30 minutes and the cost of a ferry ticket is '4' 'EUR' (4 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Ios to Sikinos
Ferry from Folegandros to Sikinos
There is usually one ferry from Folegandros to Sikinos every day throughout the peak season. The duration of the trip from Folegandros to Sikinos is 15-40 minutes and the cost of a ferry ticket is '5' 'EUR' (5 Euros) - '14' 'EUR' (14 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Folegandros to Sikinos
The types of ferries that travel to/from Sikinos?
The types of ferries that travel to Sikinos are conventional ferries and high-speed/catamaran ferries. The ferry companies that serve itineraries to Sikinos are Zante Ferries, Blue Star Ferries, and Seajets.
Island hopping from Sikinos
From Sikinos, you can easily island-hop to several Cyclades islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping itineraries from Sikinos are from Sikinos to Santorini, from Sikinos to Ios, and from Sikinos to Milos.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- If you don’t want to travel directly by ferry from Athens to Sikinos, you can first get to Santorini by air and then take a ferry to Sikinos.
- The best way to plan your trip to Sikinos is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Given that the trip from Athens to Sikinos is quite long, we highly recommend booking a cabin for a more comfortable trip.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO SIKINOS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Sikinos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Sikinos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Sikinos and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Sikinos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT SIKINOS
Sikinos is an alternative summer destination that attracts a few visitors, even in high season. The port of Sikinos is only 4 km away from Chora. The picturesque village of Chora amazes visitors from the first sight because of the white houses on the hill, the lovely chapels and the traditional kafenia.
The combination of colors with the natural beauty creates an ideal place for calm vacations. Explore the coasts of Sikinos and the secluded bay, either on foot or by the small municipal bus. A very interesting sight to visit in Sikinos is the historical site of Episkopi, which is actually a Byzantine monastery built over a Roman mausoleum.
Hop on a ferry to Sikinos for isolation in nature and for taking a break from the overcrowded islands of the Cyclades.
- Sikinos is an alternative summer destination that attracts few visitors, even in high season.
- The main village in Sikinos is Chora, the island’s capital.
- The port of Sikinos is located just 4 km away from Chora.
The best season to visit Sikinos
The best season to visit Sikinos is the summer. Since the island doesn’t get overcrowded, the summer is the perfect time of the year to enjoy the secluded beaches and virgin natural landscapes of the island.
If you’re searching for a remote place away from the noise and the crowds, Sikinos is your best bet.
When in Sikinos, don’t miss to visit the Monastery of Episkopi, the Folklore Museum, the Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi, the Church of Panagia Pantanassa, and the Byzantine Collection.
Discover more online resources about Sikinos: