Ferries from Volos serve Skiathos, Skopelos, and Alonissos. The ferry trip from Volos lasts for 1.5-4 hours depending on the arrival island. The cost of a ferry ticket from Volos is '20' 'EUR' (20 Euros) - '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros). You reach Volos by car or bus from Athens, Thessaloniki, and other mainland cities.
Ferry schedules from Volos
There are daily ferries from Volos to Skopelos, Skiathos, and Alonissos throughout the year. In the summer, ferry routes to the Sporades from Volos are more frequent.
Ferry from Volos to Skopelos
At least 2-3 conventional and high-speed ferries depart from Volos to Skopelos every day in peak season. Ferries from Volos arrive at both ports in Skopelos: Chora port and Glossa port. The ferry trip from Volos to Skopelos lasts for 2-4 hours. The cost of a ferry ticket from Volos to Skopelos is '22' 'EUR' (22 Euros) - '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Volos to Skopelos (Chora)
Ferry from Volos to Alonissos
At least 2-3 ferries depart Volos to Alonissos every day in the summer. The ferry trip from Volos to Alonissos lasts for 3-5 hours. The cost of a ferry ticket is '30' 'EUR' (30 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Volos to Alonissos
Ferry from Volos to Skiathos
At least 3 ferries depart from Volos to Skiathos every day. The ferry trip from Volos to Skiathos lasts for 1.5-3 hours. The cost of a ferry ticket is '19' 'EUR' (19 Euros) - '28' 'EUR' (28 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets from Volos to Skiathos
What types of ferries travel to/from Volos?
The types of ferries that sail from Volos are high-speed/catamaran ferries and conventional ferries. The ferry companies that serve itineraries from Volos are Blue Star Ferries and Anes Lines.
Island hopping from Volos
Volos is the perfect base for island-hopping to the Sporades islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping routes from Volos are from Volos to Skopelos, from Volos to Skiathos, and from Volos to Alonissos.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Usually, ferries from Volos to the Sporades make a stop on every island of the complex. It’s the perfect opportunity for island-hopping to the Sporades islands.
- The best way to plan your trip to the Sporades is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Since Volos is connected to other mainland cities and the islands, you can plan a combination of mainland and island exploration having Volos as your base. Note that Meteora and Pelion can be easily reached from Volos.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO VOLOS?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Volos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Volos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Volos and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Volos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT VOLOS
Spreading at the foot of Mount Pelion, Volos is a beautiful town that serves as a transport hub to Pelion and the Sporades islands. It is constructed on the site of Ancient Iolkos, from where Jason sailed for the Argonautic expedition, according to mythology. In fact, at the edge of the port of Volos, there is a wooden model of Argo, the ship of Jason.
The beach promenade of Volos has many cafeterias and bars and it is the most popular spot of the town. It gets popular all year round due to winter holidays in the mountainous villages of central Pelion and summer holidays in southern Pelion. From the port of Volos, ferries to Sporades leave daily.
Discover Volos for its mythology, archaeological sites, road-trips, beautiful nature, and picturesque corners all over the city!
- Volos is located on the foot of Mount Pelion in Thessaly.
- The city is built on the site of Ancient Iolkos, from where Jason embarked on the Argonautic expedition, according to mythology.
- The beach promenade of Volos has many cafeterias and bars and it is the most popular spot in the town.
The best season to visit Volos
Volos is beautiful all year round. It is an ideal destination for both winter and summer holidays, as it boasts a variety of mountainous and coastal landscapes.
Volos isn’t just a departure point for ferry trips to the Sporades islands. It is also a beautiful city that hides many surprises and offers plenty of entertainment options.
Some places worth visiting in Volos are the city’s waterfront, Volos castle, the park of Agios Konstantinos, and Goritsa Hill.
Discover more online resources about Volos: