Hop on a ferry from Athens to Crete (Heraklion) for breathtaking natural landscapes, stunning beaches, worldwide famous local cuisine, and warm hospitality!
- Crete is the largest island in Greece.
- Crete was home to the ancient Minoan civilization, so there are many glorious Minoan palaces in Crete. In Heraklion, you’ll find Knossos and Phaestos palaces.
- The Venetian harbor in Heraklion town is one of the best spots for afternoon strolls and sunset gazing.
- With a 1,046 km long coastline, Crete has a great variety of beaches. Elafonisi, Balos, and Kedrodasos are the most popular ones.
- Crete is famous for its dramatic gorges. Samaria, Agia Irini, and Kourtaliotiko are musts for nature lovers.
Going to Crete (Heraklion) by ferry is simple!
- Ferries from Athens to Crete and ferries from Crete to Athens operate throughout the year.
- There are ferries to Heraklion from both Piraeus and Rafina ports in Athens.
- Ferries to Heraklion arrive at Heraklion port.
- The duration of the trip from Athens to Heraklion is 8-9 hours.
- The ferry companies that travel from Athens to Crete (Heraklion) are Anek Lines and Minoan Lines.
- The best way to plan your trip from Athens to Crete (Heraklion) is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August. This also applies to ferry tickets from Crete to Athens.
- Ferry tickets from Athens to Heraklion cost between '30' 'EUR' (30 Euro) and '160' 'EUR' (160 Euro) (for a cabin).
Crete is beautiful all year round! It is definitely one of those islands that receive tourists throughout the year, even during the shoulder season. That's because Crete has a wide variety of landscapes. From beautiful beaches to dramatic gorges and from verdant valleys to imposing mountains, there’s always something new to explore.
Crete is for everyone who loves nature, delicious food, and warm hospitality! Heraklion Crete in particular combines city vibes with natural beauty and archaeological sites in a unique way. It’s the perfect destination for nature lovers and history buffs!
Thanks to its enduring history and glorious past, Crete boasts many archaeological sites and landmarks. The standouts of Crete are hands down the Minoan Palaces in Phaistos and Knossos. Koules Fortress, Kourtaliotiko Gorge, Samaria Gorge, and Psychro Cave are also some places that worth a visit.
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Crete.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
So, why book your Crete ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com?
- Our awarded online experience takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- It’s not everywhere you can compare all the available ferry ticket prices at the click of a button.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip from Athens to Crete (Heraklion) while you book your ferry tickets!
- We let you in on Crete’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets from Athens to Crete (Heraklion) with up to -30% discount!
In ferriesingreece.com, you’re not only booking your ferry tickets to Crete but also start experiencing your holidays before your actual vacations!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Crete (Heraklion) are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
Crete is a good base for island hopping to the Cyclades islands, even though it’s not very close to them.
Some popular island-hopping route from Crete are the ones from Crete to Santorini and Crete to Mykonos.