Ferries to Naxos depart from ports in Athens and many island ports. A ferry ticket to Naxos costs 40-60 euros for a standard seat. The ferry trip to Naxos lasts for 3.5-8 hours, depending on the ferry (conventional or high-speed).
Ferry schedules to Naxos port
There are ferry connections between Athens and Naxos all year round. However, in the peak season, there are frequent ferries to Naxos from many Aegean islands.
Athens to Naxos ferry
Ferries from Athens to Naxos depart from Piraeus, Rafina and Lavrion ports. In the low season, there are usually 2 ferry departures from Athens, but in the peak season, there are frequent ferry routes from 7.30 in the morning to 5.00 in the afternoon. The ferry companies that connect Athens with Naxos are Blue Star Ferries, Fast Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and Seajets.
How long is the ferry trip from Athens to Naxos?
The ferry trip from Athens to Naxos lasts for 3.5-8 hours, depending on the type of the ferry (conventional or high-speed/catamaran). A conventional ferry will get you to Naxos in about 5-8 hours, while a high-speed/catamaran in about 3.5 hours.
Paros to Naxos ferry
Ferries from Paros to Naxos operate all year round, but the routes are more frequent in the summer. The duration of the ferry trip from Paros to Naxos is 25-45 minutes and the cost of the ferry ticket is 10-15 euros.
The types of ferries that travel to/from Naxos
The types of ferries that travel to/from Naxos are conventional ferries and high-speed/catamaran ferries. Conventional ferries are slower, while high-speed ferries are faster. More specifically, the ferry trip from Athens to Naxos with a conventional ferry lasts for 5-8 hours and the ferry trip with a high-speed/catamaran ferry lasts for about 3.5 hours. The ferry trip to Naxos from the islands of the Cyclades is way shorter.
How do I book my ferry tickets to Naxos?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Naxos.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Naxos with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Naxos' secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with up to -30% discount!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Naxos are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
- If you’re traveling on a budget, the best thing to do is to book a ferry ticket for a conventional ferry, as they are cheaper than the high-speed ones.
- The best way to plan your trip from Athens to Naxos is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August. This also applies to ferry tickets from Naxos to Athens.
- Naxos is very close to Paros and Mykonos, which gives you the perfect chance to island-hop to the islands of the Cyclades.
Why visit Naxos?
Hop on a ferry from Athens to Naxos for glorious sunsets, delicious food, beautiful beaches, and archaeological sites!
- Naxos is the largest and greenest island of the Cyclades island chain.
- Thanks to its close distance to the rest of the Cyclades islands, Naxos is a very good base for island-hopping.
- Naxos is a top destination for windsurfing in Greece.
- According to the myth, the fertility of the island's soil is credited to the union of Ariadne, the goddess of fertility and Dionysus, the god of wine.
- Naxos is famous for its locally produced citrons, which are used for liqueur making.
The best season to visit Naxos
The best season to visit Naxos is hands down summer. During the summer, you’ll have the chance to visit Naxos’ beautiful beaches, as well as many archaeological sites.
Is Naxos for you?
Naxos is a great alternative to the often overcrowded Cycladic superstars like Mykonos and Santorini. Being more laid-back, Naxos is a perfect island to marvel at the magical Cycladic scenery, swim in clean waters, and have fun!
Sightseeing in Naxos
Naxos was inhabited since ancient times and had developed a strong civilization. Many ancient temples and statues have been found on the island, indicating a rich cultural past. Portara Naxos, the huge marble gate of an ancient temple dedicated to the Greek god Apollo, is the most popular sight in Naxos. Standing on the top of a hill above Naxos Chora, Portara offers a magical view of the sea and the sunset! Naxos reached its top in the Venetian times when trade and agriculture were developed and made it an economical center. The Venetian Castle and elegant mansions are a vestige of the Venetian occupation.
Island-hopping from Naxos
Sitting in the heart of the Aegean sea and being surrounded by the Cyclades islands, Naxos is a very good base for island-hopping. Naxos belongs to the Small Cyclades, a little group of islands, part of the Cyclades island chain. So, island hopping to the rest of the Small Cyclades islands, like Koufonisia, Iraklia, Schinoussa, and Donoussa is a must. What’s more, island-hopping to Paros, Antiparos, Mykonos, and Delos are very popular.
Photos of Naxos
About Naxos Port
Connected ports to Naxos
Athens, Piraeus - Athens, Rafina - Athens, Lavrio - Amorgos, Aegiali - Amorgos, Katapola - Andros - Astypalea - Anafi - Crete, Heraklio - Crete, Rethymno - Donoussa - Folegandros - Ios - Iraklia - Kalymnos - Karpathos, Port - Kasos - Kastelorizo - Kea - Kimolos - Kos, Port - Koufonissi - Kythnos - Leros - Lipsi - Milos - Mykonos - Nisyros - Paros - Patmos - Rhodes - Santorini (Thira) - Schinoussa - Sifnos - Sikinos - Skiathos - Symi, Port - Syros - Thessaloniki - Thirassia - Tilos - Tinos
A lovely island in the centre of Cyclades, Naxos is a calm family destination. The main port is found in Naxos Town and serves ferries from Piraeus, Rafina and other islands of Cyclades.
There are frequent buses that connect the port of Naxos to places all around the island, particularly the tourist places. The bus station is located very close to the port.