Ferries to Schinoussa depart from Piraeus port in Athens. The ferry trip to Schinoussa (from Athens) lasts for approximately 7 hours. There are also ferries to Schinoussa from Naxos, Amorgos, Koufonisia, Donoussa, and Iraklia.
Ferry Schedules to Schinoussa
During peak season, there are weekly ferries from Athens to Schinoussa and daily ferries from Naxos and the Small Cyclades islands to Schinoussa.
Ferry to Schinoussa from Athens (Piraeus)
There are usually 2-3 ferry connections between Piraeus and Schinoussa in the summer. The ferry trip from Athens to Schinoussa lasts for almost 7 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is approx. '34' 'EUR' (34 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Schinoussa from Athens (Piraeus)
Ferry to Schinoussa from Naxos
In the summer, there are at least 2 ferry connections between Naxos and Schinoussa. The duration of the ferry trip from Naxos to Schinoussa is 1.5-2 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '6.5' 'EUR' (6.5 Euros) - '7' 'EUR' (7 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Schinoussa from Naxos
Ferry to Schinoussa from Koufonissia
During peak season, there are at least 2 daily ferry connections between Koufonisia and Schinoussa. The ferry trip from Koufonisia to Schinoussa lasts for 30-35 minutes and the cost of a ferry ticket is '2.5' 'EUR' (2.5 Euros) - '4' 'EUR' (4 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Schinoussa from Koufonissia
Ferry to Schinoussa from Amorgos
Ferries from Amorgos to Schinoussa run frequently during the summer. More specifically, there are at least 2 daily ferry connections between Amorgos and Schinoussa. The ferry trip lasts for 1.5-3 hours and the cost of a ferry ticket is '8' 'EUR' (8 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Schinoussa from Amorgos
Ferry to Schinoussa from Iraklia
There are 1-2 ferries from Iraklia to Schinoussa every day in the summer. The duration of the ferry trip from Iraklia to Schinoussa is 5-10 minutes and the ferry ticket costs '3.5' 'EUR' (3.5 Euros) - '4.5' 'EUR' (4.5 Euros).
> Book your ferry tickets to Schinoussa from Iraklia
What types of ferries travel to/from Schinoussa?
The types of ferries that sail to Schinoussa are conventional ferries and high-speed ferries. The ferry companies that serve itineraries to Schinoussa are Blue Star Ferries, Seajets, and Small Cyclades Lines.
Island hopping from Schinoussa
Schinoussa is a very good base for island-hopping to the Cyclades and the Small Cyclades islands. Some of the most popular island-hopping itineraries are from Schinoussa to Koufonisia, from Schinoussa to Naxos, from Schinoussa to Iraklia, and from Schinoussa to Donoussa.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- The ferry tickets from Schinoussa to the nearby Small Cyclades islands (Koufonisia, Donoussa, and Iraklia) are cheap, so we highly recommend going on day trips to the islands.
- The best way to plan your trip to Schinoussa is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- Schinoussa is a great base for island-hopping to the Cyclades.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS TO SCHINOUSSA?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Schinoussa.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets to Schinoussa with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make Schinoussa ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on Schinoussa’s secrets and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with us!
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Schinoussa are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT SCHINOUSSA
North of Naxos and between Iraklia and Koufonissia, there is one of the smallest islands of Cyclades, Schinoussa. The main port is Mersini and only 2 km from Chora or Panagia, the capital of the island.
Chora, with the picturesque architecture, is built behind a hill and it is not visible from the sea. The village has some taverns that offer local tastes and unforgettable memories from the calm atmosphere of the island. You can also taste fresh fish in the few taverns along the port.
The sandy beaches that surround Schinoussa attract the interest of visitors and provide the ideal destination for alternative holidays. Most beaches of Schinoussa are not organized and can be accessed on foot or by bike.
Schinoussa is very famous among shipowners. Actually, an important ship owner is originated from this island. Once there, you will see many super yachts.
Hop on a ferry to Schinoussa for relaxing holidays off the beaten tourist trail, secluded beaches, and virgin natural landscapes.
- The main port of Schinoussa is Mersini. It is located just 2 km away from Chora or Panagia, the capital of the island.
- Most beaches of Schinoussa are not organized and can be accessed on foot or by bike.
- At the taverns that line the port, you can taste the most delicious fresh fish!
The best season to visit Schinoussa
The best season to visit Schinoussa, if you want to take advantage of the good weather and explore the island’s beaches, is the summer.
If you’re looking for the perfect place to escape your hectic routine and slow down away from the crowds, Schinoussa is a top choice!
Sightseeing in Schinoussa
There are not many places for sightseeing in Schinoussa, but the Church of Panagia Akathi in Chora is worth visiting.