SCHEDULES & TICKETS
Ferry from Venice to Greece
Venice is an impressive seaside town that is located in the north part of Italy. It is famous for its traditional boats (gondolas), its canals, and its famous cultural events, such as its famous Carnival and its International Film Festival. Moreover, what makes Venice special is its Renaissance influences and its Medieval buildings.
Below, you will find information on how to get to from Italy to Greece by ferry, from Venice port, where to buy your tickets and information about Venice and its port, along with many photos.
- How to come from Venice by ferry to: Patras, and Igoumenitsa
- What types of ferries depart from Venice
- Where to go from Venice by ferry (nearby islands)
- Why book your ferry tickets with us
- Information about Venice
- Information about the port of Venice
On FerriesinGreece, you can search for all available ferry schedules from Venice, timetables, compare ferry boats, companies and prices, create your itinerary and book your ferry tickets in 4 easy steps on our secure server.
FerriesinGreece is an awarded ferry booking engine and rated 4.7 stars by its customers. Read our customer reviews.
We don’t just sell ferry tickets. We offer you a personalized follow-up and assistance during and after your ticket purchase. We have a specialized team who is ready to assist you with issues that might arise and help you get to your destinations safely and with peace of mind. We are here to handle anything that might occur regarding your ferry trip.
HOW TO GET TO GREECE BY FERRY FROM VENICE
Ferries depart from Venice to the ports of Igoumenitsa and Patras in the Greek mainland. The ferry trip from Venice lasts for 27-30 hours. Venice is also directly connected by ferry with Corfu and Ancona.
Ferry schedules from Venice
Ferries from Venice to Greece operate all year round. However, in the summer, ferry routes are more frequent.
Ferry from Venice to Patras
There are at least 1-2 ferries per week from Venice to Patras throughout the year. The duration of the trip from Venice to Patras is 30-33 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets to Patras from Venice
Ferry from Venice to Igoumenitsa
Ferries from Venice to Igoumenitsa operate all year round with about 3 ferry crossings every week. In the summer, routes are more frequent. The duration of the ferry trip from Venice to Igoumenitsa is 27-29 hours.
> Book your ferry tickets to Igoumenitsa from Venice
What types of ferries travel to/from Venice?
Island hopping from Venice
In the summer, there are frequent ferry connections between Venice and Greece. Some of the most popular ferry routes from Venice are from Venice to Patras, from Venice to Igoumenitsa, and from Venice to Corfu.
Travel tips to organize your travel:
- Ferry trips from Venice are long and usually overnight, so booking a cabin is highly recommended!
- The best way to plan your trip from Venice is to book your ferry tickets in advance, as Greek ferries may be fully booked, especially in July and August.
- The ferry trip from Venice to Igoumenitsa is shorter than the ferry trip from Venice to Patras. So, if you want to save some time, you can choose to arrive at Igoumenitsa port.
HOW TO BOOK FERRY TICKETS FROM VENICE?
Booking your ferry tickets is one of the first and most important steps in organizing your holidays in Greece.
We make this step the easiest and most exciting one, as booking your ferry tickets from Venice to Greece with ferriesingreece.com comes with lots of perks!
The perks of booking your ferry tickets from Venice with ferriesingreece.com:
- Our awarded online experience (Tourism Awards 2018) takes the ferry booking process to another level.
- You can compare all the available ferry ticket prices with just one click.
- We make ferry booking easier than ever with a simple booking process and 100% secure payments.
- Not everyone gives you all the essential information about your trip while booking your ferry tickets!
- Our interactive live maps show you every detail of your ferry ride.
- We let you in on the secrets of Venice and guide you through your best holidays ever!
So, forget the often time consuming and complex ferry booking process and book your ferry tickets with up to -30% discount
Don’t lose any time! Your dream holidays to Greece are just a click away. Book now and let the adventure begin!
INFORMATION ABOUT VENICE
Venice is a magnificent town in north Italy. The port of Venice serves ferries to Patra and Igoumenitsa in Greece and also to some ports of Adriatic. The romantic town of Venice is built upon many small islands and no car is allowed. Transport is done on foot or by boat. The traditional boat of Venice is of course the gondola, which makes visitors a tour around the lovely canals of the town.
Venice is a town with Renaissance architecture and Medieval impressions. Many hotels are housed in Medieval buildings offering a romantic place to stay. Venice is also a place where many cultural events take place, such as the famous Carnival of Venice and the Venice International Film Festival.
Why visit Venice?
Hop on a ferry to Venice for romantic gondola rides, picturesque architecture, and worldwide famous Carnival festivities.
- Venice is made of small islands divided by canals.
- Cars are not allowed in Venice, you can move around by water taxis and gondolas.
- Venice is full of Renaissance and Medieval gems. Many hotels are housed in Medieval buildings, offering a very romantic ambiance.
- The town plays host to the famous Carnival of Venice and the Venice International Film Festival.
The best season to visit Venice
Venice is wonderful all year round, but it is usually overcrowded during the summer. If you want to join the Carnival festivities, you should visit Venice in January-February.
Is Venice for you?
Venice is an utterly romantic destination, perfect for couples and newlyweds on their honeymoon!
Sightseeing in Venice
Some of the best places to visit in Venice are St. Mark's Square, St. Mark’s Basilica, Doge’s Palace, Burano Island, and the Grand Canal.
Photos of Venice
About Venice Port
Connected ports to Venice
Corfu - Igoumenitsa - Patra
Venice is a town in northeast Italy, famous for its romantic setting and the Medieval architecture. Ferries connect Venice with the Greek ports of Patras and Igoumenitsa.
No information available yet
Searching for Itineraries...
Please refresh your browser and try again.